Re: no flooring apartments

by mildalape

Original Post

Accepted Solution

no flooring apartments

★★★ Newbie

I'm building in Evergreen Harbor in the apartments and after bulldozing the apartment none of the flooring will show up when you select to add it. If you enter a new apartment in build mode and just change the flooring, it does change. This only happens when you bulldoze the apartment first. Now I've got an apartment fully decorated with no floors. Anyone else? 

Message 1 of 5 (3,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@grandmaaries

Try this.  Use the point to point wall tool and trace the entire perimeter of the apartment and see if that you get you the ability to place flooring again once you close the room.  You'll have to repaint the walls again and it might wipe out anything you have on those walls.  It's best to do it when the entire space is empty before you draw in any interior wall but you should be able to do it with interior walls in place.  You might have to redraw the interior walls too but since I've never tried it that way, Idk what exactly will happen.  I ran into this a when I renovated one of the EH apartments and that was how I got it to work again.

What I think has happened is by bulldozing, the game is no longer seeing the space as a room so it won't let you place flooring.  The ceiling might be gone too.  For apartments, you can't change the apartment boundary walls so they stay when you bulldoze but they don't really make a room by themselves so you have to redraw them so you get a room that the game recognizes.  Don't worry about the outside of the building if the paint changes.  Clicking on it with any wall paint selected will restore the original paint.  Or it will probably come back the next time you load the lot too.  

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,987 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@grandmaaries

Try this.  Use the point to point wall tool and trace the entire perimeter of the apartment and see if that you get you the ability to place flooring again once you close the room.  You'll have to repaint the walls again and it might wipe out anything you have on those walls.  It's best to do it when the entire space is empty before you draw in any interior wall but you should be able to do it with interior walls in place.  You might have to redraw the interior walls too but since I've never tried it that way, Idk what exactly will happen.  I ran into this a when I renovated one of the EH apartments and that was how I got it to work again.

What I think has happened is by bulldozing, the game is no longer seeing the space as a room so it won't let you place flooring.  The ceiling might be gone too.  For apartments, you can't change the apartment boundary walls so they stay when you bulldoze but they don't really make a room by themselves so you have to redraw them so you get a room that the game recognizes.  Don't worry about the outside of the building if the paint changes.  Clicking on it with any wall paint selected will restore the original paint.  Or it will probably come back the next time you load the lot too.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (2,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You were absolutely right, thank you so much! And it put the items in the house inventory so really wasn't a big deal at all. Now I know for future apartments! 

Message 3 of 5 (2,918 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this happened to me today. i buldozed an apartment in evergreen harbor and now i cant place the tiles. i will try the suggestion in comment below. i hope it will work..

Message 4 of 5 (2,860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked for me too. Unfortunately, I was in build mode. But it's fine. Thank you for the help! 

Message 5 of 5 (2,078 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help