my pets won't breed

by KaylaKat1996

Original Post

Re: my pets won't breed

★ Novice

I have 2 foxes...a male and a female. There is only them and 1 adult in the home. [plenty of room for more] The female is in heat, heart over her head with an image of two dogs/puppies? in the heart. The two foxes are not fixed and have a very solid relationship. Yet, there is no option for me to have them mate. I have checked with both under every category. No option. Also, no option for either to be nice to any other animal. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this problem? Thank you so much in advance

.Tammy.pngTammy2.png

Message 11 of 23 (3,446 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was unable to breed the cat I created in CAS because the "be nice to..." interaction never showed up for her. It never showed up for the adopted stray cat either. Encourage to breed shows up, but the attempt always fails because the cats don't like each other.  Is this a personality thing for cats or should I consider it a bug? The dog doesn't have this problem.

Message 12 of 23 (3,430 Views)

★ Novice

My pets will breed... but they just won’t ever get pregnant. There’s nothing wrong with my two dogs, and they’re both not spayed or neutered, they just won’t get pregnant in the first place. That’s annoying as hell, when I’ve tried many times and they still won’t have puppies. 😢

Message 13 of 23 (3,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I sometimes want to breed my pets but the option doesnt show up, so I have to make a stray and say its their puppy or kitten and thats no fun

Message 14 of 23 (3,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaylaKat1996 I know this was ages ago but it was happening to me too intill I found out that certain breed won’t breed together so the best thing to do is make sure that both the female and male are both the same breed I haven’t had this trouble with cats only dogs
Message 15 of 23 (2,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Fritzthekat, I have never heard of dogs only being able to breed with the same breed. Wondering Quite some time ago ( a year ago or perhaps a year and a half ago) I was able to breed two dogs, and they were different breeds: a English Springer Spaniel and an Afghan Hound!  

Here are pictures: 

English Springer Spaniel

10-21-19_3-02-09 AM.png

Afghan Hound

10-21-19_3-02-16 AM.png

And the mixed offspring of the above dogs

10-21-19_3-02-25 AM.png

10-21-19_3-02-30 AM.png

10-21-19_3-02-33 AM.png

I was thinking that perhaps what you are describing was a new bug, but if it is this is the first I've heard about it.  The only thing that comes close to this is that your Sims' dogs wouldn't breed with strays becasue there was a bug... but this was a long time ago, and is in fact, why I made this household -- I wanted to breed some dogs in-game.  So while all my efforts to breed with strays were for noting (including cats) I did finally have sucess with breeding 2 dogs from the same household! I do not know if the bug where you couldn't breed with strays still exists or not.  I couldnt' find it on the Bug forum either, so I'm hoping that means it was fixed!  Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 23 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaylaKat1996 i made the pets and i cant even get the encouraged to mate option
Message 17 of 23 (2,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but it was only like that in one household

Message 18 of 23 (2,489 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know if this applies but I tried to breed my dogs (both of which I owned) and was able to encourage them but the female didn't get pregnant because she was too close to aging up to an old dog to do that. Maybe that's what happened to you?

But overall, I feel you; this is such an annoying bug and very finicky. Kinda disappointed given what I paid for it... 

Happy Gaming and Good Luck,

MLPDank

Message 19 of 23 (2,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I had this too, and I was very frustrated, but just kept trying and trying. Eventually she is pregnant! I think...

One of them is stray so this just proves that it should be fine.

Message 20 of 23 (1,883 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help