mods arent showing up

by chirbee3

Original Post

mods arent showing up

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? some hair, clothes, accesorries and tattoos from a website called sims resource
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to settings, other options and view costum content
What happens when the bug occurs? i have the mods i the sims4 mods folder, they just dont show up in the game nor in the settings
What do you expect to see? my mods
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the first file shows the mods being in the mods folder and the secound file shows the sims game mod settings where the mods have dissapeared

Message 1 of 5 (550 Views)

Rif.: mods arent showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@chirbee3Please write you real version of the game (you can find it in the lower right corner in the main page). And your expansions/game packs/stuff packs/ are not the mods/cc you have, but the EA TS4 dlcs (e.g. Discover University, Spa Day, Paranormal stuff pack...)
After each patch update the mods are disabled, so they must be reactivated in the appropriate menu, have you done it yet?
Which version of The Sims 4 do you play with? Because if by chance you are playing with the Legacy Edition 32bit some mods may not work for this reason.

Message 2 of 5 (527 Views)

Re: mods arent showing up

Champion

@chirbee3 Hello!  In your first image, I only see CC package files.  So, are you seeing those CC in your game? 

As for the mods, double check that the Script Mods Allowed box is checked in your game options.  I had this issue recently and it took me a bit to realize the Script Mods box wasn't checked. :-/

ModsOptions.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 5 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but my cc works fine it’s just my script mods. I’ve done everything. I’ve  uninstalled and reinstalled my game, I’ve turned off script mods off and on dozens of time. And i even deleted my saves, I also did a few more things people said helped for them and it still doesn’t work. What can I do????

The packs I have are:

Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover Uni, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy escape, Island Living, Vampire, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day and My First Pet Stuff

Message 4 of 5 (475 Views)

Champion

@Pyperunicorns Hello!  Were your mods working at some point or did you just start using them?  Please check to make sure that the files are not zipped and are saved in your Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods folder.  Also check that the unzipped files are no more than one folder deep.  Having multiple folders can cause the game to be unable to read the files properly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help