holiday service failed to handle error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I load the game on startup
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP,GP and SP and all kits except bust the dust, modern menswear and fashion street
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? When I have adeepindigo's education overhaul installed child and teen sims on summer break sometimes recieve a prompt to go to school.
What do you expect to see? no error report
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Initially yes but even after removing the error persists
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I only became aware after installing TwistedMexi's BE mod so I don't know

Every time I load my main save it brings up this error below. My game is currently vanilla so its not a mod causing this. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

[manus] holiday_service failed to handle on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded due to exception (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'display_icon')

Message 1 of 13 (4,549 Views)

Re: holiday service failed to handle error

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did test on a new save as well ?

Best is to delete all Lastexception files you currently have, then remove all mods (including BE), delete localthumbcache file and then see if you can trigger the error on a  new save. If you can't, try a backup of your current save.

If you still receive a file LastException in your documents folder, please upload that.

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

It is also possible that the mod borked your save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All except 'Cottage Living' and 'Eco Lifestyle' GP: All except 'Jungle Adventure', 'Realm of Magic' and 'StrangerVille' SP: Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Link down below
What happens when the bug occurs? A last exception orange notification pops up in my game
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

file:///C:/Users/willi/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/Mods/mc_lastexception.html 

Message 3 of 13 (4,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@39x5rw2wtp7m I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to solve this error?
Message 4 of 13 (3,067 Views)

Hero
@Noirdevi Could you please upload your LastException file as described above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,039 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this error too. I don't have education overhaul mod by adeepindigo installed. 

Here is my last Exception link from better exception file:///E:/Electronic%20Arts/Die%20Sims%204/BE-ExceptionReport.html

I have all EP/ST GP ect. installed.

I tried the 50/50 method and without any mods or cc. I still get this error. How can i fix this? 

Thank you.

Best wishes 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 13 (2,951 Views)

Hero
@lunarcatrena Do you get it on a vanilla mods folder on a new save too or just a specific save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,917 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I get it in a vanilla mods folder with a custom save file (for exemple Fleuralia 6.0) Today i started playing the rags to riches szenario at a new vanilla safe. There is no error message, only in custom safe files. Is there any chance to get rid of this error? I don't understand why it occurs on a custom safe file that requires no mods or cc. Thank you so much for trying to help.
Message 8 of 13 (2,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lunarcatrena Hard to tell. I have no experience with custom saves (I assume those are save files someone else started that you continue playing on ?) They could have had mods in at some point or removing certain mods caused the error leaving the file with errors.

You might wanna ask the person that created the save if they have heard of this.

Is there anything visually happening or just the error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,754 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much Crin. Yes, that make sens. I*m sure they all use TOOL and MCCC to build the safe and yes ich think i countinue playing. The holidays are going crazy. You have fulfilled everything and get the message: it was horrible. Self-added holidays do not take place or are replaced randomly. I spoke to Fleuralia herself. She knows this bug, which probably came with the last game patch and unfortunately cannot be fixed. No idea what was changed by the patch. Before everything went without problems. Ok, then I have to live with it or make my own safe... Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes Rena
Message 10 of 13 (2,743 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help