Re: cannot adjust sims bodies or faces in cas

by Mothership75

Original Post

cannot adjust sims bodies or faces in cas

★★★ Novice

today may 14, i tried to edit my sims in game after downloading some cc, tried to edit them and could not change their appearance besides the body weight and muscle sliders as well as presets. i have cas.fulleditmode on, removed the new mods i had downloaded, and still CANNOT edit my sims. i've also tried other save files and the same issue happens. i've also uninstalled and reinstalled sims 4, un and re installed origin as well. nothing seems to work. does anyone know how i can fix this??

Message 1 of 11 (2,344 Views)

@goldiebalks  Please test with no mods or custom content, as in, move the entire Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.  You can test on a new save, if you want.  If the problem is gone, you can start adding back your mods and cc in batches, testing each time to make sure CAS still works.  If and when the problem reappears, you'll know that one of the last files you added is the issue, and you'll need to split that last batch and retest until you find out which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (2,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hi, ive tried that and its still not working.ive repaired the game as well. i do notice that i can only move things up and down if it allows it (i can still click the body parts and it makes the closed fists, it just wont let me move it where i want), its so strange lol. this may be some other issue. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,246 Views)

@goldiebalks  Just to be thorough, please test in a clean user folder.  Move the entire existing Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, letting the game spawn a new one the next time it loads.

If that doesn't help, please disable any other overlays you normally use (Steam, Discord, etc.), or close the programs and check the Task Manager to make sure they're not running in the background.  Disable the Origin in-game overlay as well; the setting is under Application Settings > Origin in-game.

Message 4 of 11 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

none of these worked either. is there anything else i can do? 

Message 5 of 11 (2,214 Views)

@goldiebalks  Even though you've already repaired, please try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repairing Sims 4 again.

If that doesn't help, try playing in a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

If that doesn't help either, please create a new admin Windows account and try playing in that.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft, and don't sync with any other services you normally use.  You'll be able to sign into Origin and won't need to redownload anything, but your saves and other user content won't be available.  That's fine and actually a good thing, and it can be addressed later.  But for now, just start a new save and test.

Message 6 of 11 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

im playing on mac, so i didn't clean boot it, but i did try another admin account. but it didn't work. i think this may be a software issue that might need to be fixed with a new update.

Message 7 of 11 (2,198 Views)

@goldiebalks  Do you have a Macbook Pro with a notch in the screen?  If so, you might have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-Pointer-clicks-off-target-M1-Pro-and-M1-M...

There's a workaround in the thread.

Message 8 of 11 (2,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You could always try drinking a potion in the rewards section to change body shape,  to make your sim lean or large whichever you prefer. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i know it’s been 2 years, but did you ever get this fixed? i’m having the same issue now 

Message 10 of 11 (186 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help