can't change to different family member

by mohammadali118

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't change to different family member

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have problems regarding to switching to another household. Sometimes I have to pause to change to different family in the household. The time also not ticking when I give them something to do. Is there a reason behind this? I have mods of car, is that the reason why? Your help is much appreciate Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (3,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't change to different family member

Champion

@mohammadali118, thank you for mentioning that you are using a Mod in your game!  Mods and Custom Content (CC) often cause the game to act in strange ways, especially if your Mods or CC items are outdated, which can happen when EA updates the game with a patch.  If you have more than one Mod or CC item you will have to figure out which one is causing the problem and then get a new version of it that is designed to work with the latest version of the game.  Using Mods and CC in your game means that you will have to maintain your Mods and CC.Disappointed  Fortunately, that isn't hard to do if you only have one or a few! Standard smile

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important).

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

If you have more than one Mod or CC item, you will have to do another step to find out which one is causing the problem: 
5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

Finally, you will need to find the version of your Mod or CC item that is compatible with EA's latest update of the game. (If there isn't one, then you will have to get rid of your Mod or CC item, Fortunatly, the CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods soon after EA  releases a patch to the game, so when you find out which Mod or CC item is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

There is also the chance that your problem isn't caused by a conflict with your Mods, but it is always best to make sure and check your Mods first to rule them out.  Wink

Please update us on your results after trying the steps listed above !  Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (3,042 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
I thought this is only one time but the next day after shut my computer off it still happening.
Message 2 of 7 (3,104 Views)

Champion

@mohammadali118, thank you for mentioning that you are using a Mod in your game!  Mods and Custom Content (CC) often cause the game to act in strange ways, especially if your Mods or CC items are outdated, which can happen when EA updates the game with a patch.  If you have more than one Mod or CC item you will have to figure out which one is causing the problem and then get a new version of it that is designed to work with the latest version of the game.  Using Mods and CC in your game means that you will have to maintain your Mods and CC.Disappointed  Fortunately, that isn't hard to do if you only have one or a few! Standard smile

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important).

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

If you have more than one Mod or CC item, you will have to do another step to find out which one is causing the problem: 
5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

Finally, you will need to find the version of your Mod or CC item that is compatible with EA's latest update of the game. (If there isn't one, then you will have to get rid of your Mod or CC item, Fortunatly, the CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods soon after EA  releases a patch to the game, so when you find out which Mod or CC item is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

There is also the chance that your problem isn't caused by a conflict with your Mods, but it is always best to make sure and check your Mods first to rule them out.  Wink

Please update us on your results after trying the steps listed above !  Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (3,043 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 thank you for the information, I will follow the instruction. Boy there are a lot of mod I downloaded. I downloaded many realistic cars let along other mods. Lol. This going to take some times. But thank you. I will update here once completed.
Message 4 of 7 (3,021 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 i have follow the way you instruct and it work! thank you so much!
Message 5 of 7 (2,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Which mod was it? 

Message 6 of 7 (2,801 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @crystalxuk,

This thread has been inactive for 2 years, it's a bit of an oldie. We'll lock it here to limit further necroposting. Please give the advise shared in the accepted solution a go. If the issue persists, pop open a fresh thread and outline what steps you've taken so far so readers can join the discussion where you're at.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (2,736 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help