camera wont rotate

by siena0304

Original Post

Accepted Solution

camera wont rotate

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 cameras not rotating!!

My sims 4 camera wont rotate at all. I use the sims 3 camera mode in game but I tried to switch to the sims 4 mode but that didn't work either (it still wont rotate on that mode either) I tried switching back to the sims 3 mode but it was still having the same issue. I also deleted origin and the sims 4 game completely and reinstalled it without my custom content and that did not work either. I tried repairing the game through origin as well. Please help me fix this I am getting really frustrated that I can't play my game correctly.

Message 1 of 14 (15,980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: camera wont rotate

@siena0304  With the Sims 3 camera, try holding the crtl key and right-clicking (or two-finger clicking).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (15,912 Views)

All Replies

@siena0304  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Are you using a mouse or trackpad, and how are you trying to rotate?  Do the < and > keys work?  I know you might not want to use those all the time, but please test them.

Message 2 of 14 (15,948 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict It runs windows and I am using a trackpad. The < and > keys work just not the rotation. I am trying to rotate up and around with the sims 3 camera so both ways.
Message 3 of 14 (15,930 Views)

@siena0304  With the Sims 3 camera, try holding the crtl key and right-clicking (or two-finger clicking).

Message 4 of 14 (15,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Not sure how or why but it just started working randomly when I was trying to click around! thank you
Message 5 of 14 (15,826 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@siena0304 With mine, it shows that it's trying to, (Showed the camera with the circling arrow, but it showed two of them. One moved with my mouse, one remained stationary where I originally clicked.). I just reloaded into my game because it was being glitchy due to me leaving it alone for a while. I'm going to try reloading it.
Message 6 of 14 (13,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MsMisc reloading didn't work, so I repaired the game. That seemed to work.
Message 7 of 14 (13,523 Views)

★★ Novice

Currently having this issue. Camera will not rotate in Sims 4 or SIms 3 mode, or in CAS. I've tried repairing the game several times with no luck. The arrow keys work, but would really like to be able to rotate using the mouse again. Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you!

Message 8 of 14 (9,389 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mdrampton 

Please repair your game as mentioned above. Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 14 (9,356 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, I have already repaired the game several times before posting and the issue is still present. Thanks.

Message 10 of 14 (9,342 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help