Re: beds not showing up since last update

by roberta591

Original Post

Re: The bed did not show after the placement of the bed in the bedroom.

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 29 (4,331 Views)

Message 12 of 29 (4,240 Views)

Hero
@Lixisa17 So when you tried above it also didn't work in a completely fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 29 (4,228 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry! not so it's because it's safety problem.
Now I've moved my mods to another file, tried to open the sims 4, then it's safe and no problem.
The bed didn't show after placing the bed because I had several beds that my mods.

Message 14 of 29 (4,220 Views)

my cc beds keep disappearing please help!!!

★★ Novice

okay i’ve already tried removing some of my mods and everything but the cc beds keep disappearing and i even downloaded the batch fix from s4s i don’t know what else to do. once a bed is placed it disappears immediately 

Message 15 of 29 (4,204 Views)

Re: my cc beds keep disappearing please help!!!

Hero
@shanyrodriguez If the batch fix is not working properly (did you run it to, not just download the tool ?), you will probably need to check with the creator of the bed or remove it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (4,176 Views)

beds not showing up since last update

★★ Novice

My CC beds will not show up since new update on 8/2/2022 They will look like they show up, then disappear. It is happening with both single and double beds. I love modding my kid sim's bedrooms and this has put a crimp in my redesign projects.  I would think it would happen with other furniture, if the mesh of the wasn't included, but my meshes are included for all of my CC. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, have you found a fix?

Message 17 of 29 (3,972 Views)

Re: beds not showing up since last update

Hero (Retired)

@Motherofcats7 Did you check the site where you got the beds? There could be an update. What happens when the beds disappear? Are they replace with beds from the game?

Message 18 of 29 (3,952 Views)

Re: Bed (Not CC) is disappeared when place in the game.

★★ Novice

this also happened to me after I bought the new highschool pack. I have quite a lot of CC maybe 30 beds so I don't think its anything to do with the creators

Message 19 of 29 (3,465 Views)

Re: Bed (Not CC) is disappeared when place in the game.

Hero
@Harper-lia17 It doesn't. EA added new functionality to beds which makes ALL cc beds that have been created before the patch broken.

You need to fix them all. S4Studio should have a batch fix now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 29 (3,451 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help