Re: What is a yellow frame around The Sims 4 screen mean?

by Wholesome_Goth

Original Post

What is a yellow frame around The Sims 4 screen mean?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am currently in build mode,  while I was trying to type "shelves" into the search bar, I must have somehow hit a button combination that triggered a yellow boarder around my screen...I am not sure what this is. Or how to stop, turn off and get rid of it. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂🤦🏻‍♀️😐

So please, if you know what this Yellow frame is any help is appreciated.  😁

Edit: While I was busy typing this post the yellow border seems to have gone away on it's own. But I still want to know what it was that I did to trigger it, so I can stop it if it happens again. 

Edit to the edited post: Just thought I would come back and make sure my post is clear about what I am talking about. If I were in love mode I could easily check if I somehow started recording video, but as I am in build mode I see not a way to check that. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Message 1 of 10 (29,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , don't worry, the only thing that means is that you are capturing video of your game, even in Build/Buy Mode! 😅

Simply pressing "V" on your keyboard will do this (I'm playing on a PC, so I'm not sure if there is a shortcut like this for consoles or not.)  If you are in Build/Buy Mode then you don't need to check if you are recording video as the V on your keyboard will work in that mode as well (I just tested it to be sure! ). Wink

You can also access your camera options by clicking on the Camera Options button (at the bottom of the screen to the right of the Pause and Speed buttons) that looks like a camera shutter.  From there you can choose to either take a still screen shot, manage your photos, or if you click on what looks like a movie camera, you can take video. 📽 When recording the video camera button will turn into a red blinking square (and the yellow boarder will be around your screen) .  To stop filming, simply press the red blinking button (or press V if you are on a PC.)! 😎

Camera Options (see cursor at bottom)

01-26-22_1-55-31 AM.png

Start/Stop Video Capture (see cursor at bottom)

01-26-22_1-55-49 AM.png

Video being filmed with yellow boarder and red indicators lit at bottom 

01-26-22_1-56-00 AM.png

So this should be what happened to you! I bet the video you took is pretty boring if you spent a lot of time in Build and Buy Mode! 😅  Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (29,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PugLove888I figured it must be video recording, but seeing as I was in build mode I didn't have the usual way to check. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I believe it caught me while I fussed with the roof. 😂

(Or it might have been while I was trying to get the basement stairs in beneath the other stairs.)

Message 3 of 10 (29,388 Views)

Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , Probably! 😂
Well, if it ever happens again in Build & Buy Mode, just hit "V" on your keyboard and it should stop it! 😉

Message 4 of 10 (29,385 Views)

★ Guide
@PugLove888 Hopefully the next time I am typing in the search box for an item in B/B, I'll actually be typing in the searchbox and the accidental recording won't happen again. 😂

I have never been able to actually watch any of the Sims 4 recordings...
Message 5 of 10 (29,371 Views)

Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , I've never watched my recordings either, since I usually just want photos anyway.🙃  But I'm sure someone here knows how to find and watch them! Wink

Message 6 of 10 (29,345 Views)

★ Guide
@PugLove888 Sims 3 I don't think I ever had an issue with playing the rare video I recorded just to see what happens when I stepped away unpaused. But for some reason Sims 4 always gives me an error message when I open the video. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Message 7 of 10 (29,337 Views)

Champion

@Wholesome_Goth , you might want to ask in another post for help on how to play your recorded videos. 😊  Just be sure to mention if you are using a PC or a Mac! Wink

Message 8 of 10 (29,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This helped immediately 

Message 9 of 10 (8,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if its on pause for a while how can I take it off, can't seem to take the red frame off?

Message 10 of 10 (4,970 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help