by crinrict

Original Post

Suspect wont sit at the interrogation table

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? where do i find that info?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most, GTW being one of them, of course
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? whenever i bring a suspect back to the station, i click on the interrogate suspect option and head towards the interrogation table, but the suspect would head towards a nearby chair/table and just sit there! so now i cant close a case because the suspect never gets interrogated.
What do you expect to see? suspect should be sitting opposite me at the interrogation table?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

[Admin - removed duplicate template]

Message 1 of 14 (5,243 Views)

Re: Suspect wont sit at the interrogation table

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xiaoqilim Did you change anything about the station ? Like make the table a different color ? Does the interrogation table still have a chair ?

Is the suspect or your Sim a Vampire or any other kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (5,241 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, i'm using the default table and chairs. i have 2 chairs facing each other at the table. 

my sim is a normal sim as well

Message 3 of 14 (5,181 Views)

Hero
@xiaoqilim And it happens with every suspect you bring in ?

Could you try a new save for testing purposes to see if it happens there as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (5,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@xiaoqilim   I tested this, in a new The Sims 4 folder, a new save in that, and with a newly created sim. I could not replicate the issue.

I levelled them up in the detective career enough to be able to handle my own cases, and got a suspect back to the station with me. They went to their cell, and I waited for the day's updated required assignments to show up, and Interrogate Suspect was one of them. I clicked the interrogation table, which had that option, and chose to interrogate the suspect. My sim went to take the suspect from the jail cell and they both sat down at the table. I could perform the interrogation, and get a promotion as a result.

I did not edit the police station with cheats. I put up Mathematical Diagrams in every room and enabled focus on them.
Did you edit the station in any way, as asked? Not just the tables. And if so, how and what did you change?

The game version can be found for instance in the The Sims 4 folder in the file called GameVersion.txt

The bug report template's question: "Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?" is meant to be answered in detail, so to facilitate any replication of the issue - for instance what you did prior the the occurrence of the issue.

If you can replicate the issue in a new The Sims 4 folder (not just a new save in your current user folder; and with nothing added to it from your old folder), and describe the steps taken when the issue occurs, I'll try again.

Message 5 of 14 (5,125 Views)

★★ Novice

I face different errors every time i play it, which is very strange

So the issue that i brought up earlier was kinda resolved. The suspect was finally interrogated the next day at work but at different tables, and it's not the interrogation table; normal office desks in 2 different rooms but within close proximity

After that, i noticed that the interrogation table is finally clickable, which wasn't the case all along. he "interrogate suspect" option popped up when i click on the table now. However, i do not have any suspect to interrogate on at the moment hence i wont know if it works normally until i arrest the next suspect. =/

Message 6 of 14 (5,076 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@xiaoqilim Could you try with a new suspect and let us know how that goes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (5,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Finally it's back to normal, after the "interrogate suspect" option pops up at the table when i click on it. I had no problem interrogating suspects after that. Thank you! However, the suspects could not be brought back to the station sometimes and it's due to their dress code that did not match with the clues.

Message 8 of 14 (4,978 Views)

Hero
@xiaoqilim Do you mean situational outfits ? Can you ask them to change to everyday and arrest them then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (4,955 Views)

Hero
@xiaoqilim Are you still having issues with the outfits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (4,903 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help