Stuck in "Split From Household"

by jace_rider4

Original Post

Stuck in "Split From Household"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to cancel this interaction? I am currently stuck in the "split from household and move" interaction when trying to move a sim to university. My problem is that I have MC command center and my current household is 8+ sims. I'm unable to move the sim out and don't see anyway to exit the interaction. Is there someway to do so? 

Haven't saved my game for a bit so I'm hoping there is!!

Message 1 of 23 (36,292 Views)

Re: Stuck in "Split From Household"

Champion

@jace_rider4, to see if MCCC (or any other Mod/CC item) is interfering with your game, please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

Since we just had an update to the game, your version of MCCC (or some other Mods/CC) might be outdated and this is the best way to check.Wink  If it is MCCC that is causing the problem, you can wait a few days for the creator to update MCCC to work with the latest version of TS4, and then just replace the outdated MCCC with the updated one! Standard smile

If for some reason it doesn't' work, it could be a bug or something else causing it!  Please inform us on how this works for you! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 23 (36,262 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me, playing on the Mac OS...

But I actually completely lost my household...

Game got stuck at the "Split and Move Household Prompt" – which didn't let me close it whatsoever – and managed to quit the game.

I got a dialog asking if I wanted to "Save and Exit", I did it and when I went back to the game, my household had the funds, wasn't at the University lot anymore and my characters were completely gone Broken heart Devil

And I don't have any mods, only EA content...

Message 3 of 23 (36,188 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, my game already had the latest update installed.

Bottom line is:

Completely lost my household after hours of playing 

• It happened after my Sims graduation, and got stuck at the "Split and Move Household"

• My game has NO MODS

• My game already had the LATEST UPDATE

@PugLove888, this is not due to any mods and wasn't fixed on the latest patch...  Frown

Message 4 of 23 (36,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@biassis @jace_rider4 If you need to recover your game to the last save there are excellent directions at his link: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

Edit: It's an unfortunate and painful fact, which probably all of us have faced... Sometimes if there is a frozen screen or something is stuck the only option we have is to restore to a previous save or backup. I've learned that lesson the hard way. Unfortunately, more than once. Frown

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 23 (36,155 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is still an issue. I have no mods or cc and play on a Mac OS. My sim was at a restaurant and tried to enroll in university, then got stuck on the split household interaction. There are no other sims in her household. There was no option to repair the game from the origin menu. After being frozen for 30 minutes, I had to force quit the game. It allowed me to “save and exit.” When I re-started my game, my sim was not listed as living in her apartment or in her dorm. I found her in manage worlds, but her image had disappeared; I clicked on edit household and it brought me to CAS. My sim was not there and it was acting like I was creating a new household. I ended up having to recover last save and lost a whole sim day which is frustrating.

Message 6 of 23 (35,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has still not been fixed, gamebreaking bug.

Message 7 of 23 (35,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And with no autosave i basically lost 5 * hours of gameplay, great choice to remove autosave i have to say, not.

Message 8 of 23 (35,150 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem, I just wanted to send my Sim to actually live in the dorm lol. I guess I will have to have her live in her apartment. I really wanted to do dorm life this time around. 

Message 9 of 23 (35,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TW_Studio@sauced1978@biassis  @amp107@jace_rider4 , since some of you are having this problem and do not use Mods or CC , I looked to see if there was a Bug Report on this problem (filing a new Bug Report or adding to an existing one is often how things like this are dealt with that aren't a Mods/CC conflict). However, I could not find any existing Bug Report on this subject Disappointed  (although I just might have looked in the wrong category since some bugs can be categorized in different ways).  

Since there does not seem to be an existing Bug Report to add to, I would suggest one of you creating a one by going here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Be as detailed as you canStandard smile.  Then post the link to the Bug Report you made here so the other people can add to it by clicking the "Me Too" button on the First Post, and then adding their experience in a post at the bottom of the thread. Angel

I'm sorry you had to go through loosing gameplay and in some cases Sims! Devil  I've been able to get my Sims into the dorms multiple times, as have some other people, so there must have been some condition that was happening in your game that have not happened in others' games, or at least not all the time. Disappointed
I hope your problem gets fixed! Fingers crossed

Edit to add: @biassis and @amp107  since you are using a Mac, you might want to check or post here, since your problem might be caused by something unique to Mac!  Raised eyebrow  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 23 (35,028 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help