Re: Skintones won't work with mods

by taffster74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skintones won't work with mods

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having an issue with the new skin tone update that came out a while back, without mods and CC my game works fine and I have access to all skintones and sliders. With the mods and CC the many skintones will show up on screen but if I click one the skintone of the sim won't change so I've stuck with all my sims being the same skintone. A similar issue is happening with my dogs and cats too! Any change to the fur won't show up unless I put certain accessories onto the pet and it's very annoying! I've tired undownloading the Sims 4 and redownloading it but that hasn't worked, If you have any other solutions for me please let me know! 

Message 1 of 5 (1,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@clarkcat2 , it does sound like you have some outdated Mods/CC, like @taffster74  stated, especially if the problem doesn't happen when you remove your Mods/CC .  

Here is a way to find which Mods/CC item or items are causing the problem :

Please do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow  This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC. (Which in your case we know your game works without the Mods/CC.). 

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after any game patch/updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems, especially after there is a game updat/patch.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version.

When you find the updated version of your CC items, you can put them back into your game. Standard smile  Any Mods or CC items that are outdated and never get updated should not be put back into your game! 

Please tell us if doing this fixes your problem or not! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,865 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@clarkcat2 This may be a stupid question, but are the mods up-to-date? To me, that sounds like what the issue may be. Check the mods first and see if they're up-to-date. If they are .... then it sounds like a conflict between the mods and the sims 4 program. Again... I suggest go back to the mod creator.
Message 2 of 5 (1,877 Views)

Champion

@clarkcat2 , it does sound like you have some outdated Mods/CC, like @taffster74  stated, especially if the problem doesn't happen when you remove your Mods/CC .  

Here is a way to find which Mods/CC item or items are causing the problem :

Please do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow  This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC. (Which in your case we know your game works without the Mods/CC.). 

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after any game patch/updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems, especially after there is a game updat/patch.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version.

When you find the updated version of your CC items, you can put them back into your game. Standard smile  Any Mods or CC items that are outdated and never get updated should not be put back into your game! 

Please tell us if doing this fixes your problem or not! Angel

Message 3 of 5 (1,866 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! It worked, I'm glad my game is back to normal!!

Message 4 of 5 (1,787 Views)

Champion

@clarkcat2 , I'm so happy your game is normal again! Party hat  Thanks for updating us! 😇

Message 5 of 5 (1,773 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help