Re: Sims4 Jaw is missing

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims4 Jaw is missing

★★★ Newbie

Since a few month this bug is happening to me all the time. Suddenly the jaw of my sims are missing. After some ingame time the bug fixes itself and I dont know how.

Any recommendations are welcome. 

Yes I'm using mods and they are all up to date. Still you are welcome to tell me which mod may cause the issue. 

Thanks Standard smile 

Message 1 of 8 (2,089 Views)

★ Apprentice

are you still having this issue?)

(if yes then here's a solution)

(if no then ignore)

Hi there Saskia

This looks like a common glitch with a sim

Pull up the cheat bar using this combination

Mac: Press ⌘ Command + ⇧

PC: Shift + Control + C

Shift click on the sim and press "Reset Sim (DEBUG)"

Don't worry, as nothing will happen to your sim accept resetting it.

If this doesn't work

1. I would like to see a screenshot of your mods folder if that's okay.

2. Repair the game. Search up a tutorial on whatever software you use.

I hope this is fixed. 

Good luck

Miloimages.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,044 Views)

Champion

@saskiavoe   Hello!  Wow!  That is really creepy looking!  It's also strange that it fixes itself over time, though not a bad thing I guess.  Anyway, it does look like a mod or possible CC issue.  With so many mods / CC out there, it's difficult to say for sure which one might be causing it.  You may want to start by removing any UI type mods.  If it's still happening without those, try taking out any skin / hair / detail mods and CC.  Then if it's still happening, you may want to move your entire Mods folder to the desktop and see if the issue is fixed.  Be sure to delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game for testing.  Then you can start adding them a little at a time.  Click the spoiler below for some steps for how to test mods and CC.

Spoiler

1. Create a new game for testing so that your current save is left unchanged until you've identified the problem mods/CC.

2. Create a couple folders on your desktop; perhaps one labeled "Tested Safe Mods-CC" and another labeled "Mods-CC Needs Testing". This will keep tested mods separated.

3. Exit the game and divide your mods/CC in half; put one half in the Needs Testing folder and put/keep the other half into the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 / Mods folder.

4. Delete the localthumbcache.package file, located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game with the half you're testing,

5. If the game works with that half, exit the game, move that half to the Safe Mods-CC folder and move the remaining "Needs Testing" mods back to the Mods folder to test (Again, delete that cache file before opening the game.)

6. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half, keeping one half in the "Needs Testing" folder and one half in your Mods folder, and test again (delete the cache file each time after moving mods/CC and before opening the game).

7. Repeat this process until you find the culprit(s).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 8 (2,032 Views)

@LuminousSkiies

PLEASE stop posting the incorrect advice for Mac users. If you could even edit your post with the correct instructions it would help others who are looking for advice. Posting the wrong advice only confuses users who need help in their game and incorrectly contradicts users posting the correct information.

To clarify, Mac users press CTRL, Shift and C to bring up the cheat console. The exact same controls as Windows users.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (2,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I would like to say I used to play on mac and that's how I did it.

Message 5 of 8 (1,937 Views)

@LuminousSkiies

That may be how you did it but it is not the default setting in-game to bring up the cheat console in macOS.

To be clear, for other Mac users reading this, the CMD, CTRL, Caps Lock, Function and Option keys can be personally configured in System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys however, by default, the CTRL key is set up as the CTRL key on all factory shipped Macs. Consequently in the game the CTRL key is used together with the Shift and C keys to bring up the cheat console by default.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 8 (1,920 Views)

★ Novice
@saskiavoe No one even gave an accurate solution. I tried resetting my sim and it did nothing. I’ve had this happen so many times and I think it’s cc teeth. I played around with the mouth and somehow snapped it back to original but I only did it once and haven’t figured it out since. It’s really irritating.
Message 7 of 8 (813 Views)

@LemmeSeeUrTots Maxis added new teeth gameplay in March 2023. Check for updates to teeth CC, or find versions that were updated.

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 8 of 8 (773 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help