Highlighted

Sims continue to receive 'Chilled' moodlet when indoors

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Regularly
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs except from seasons, all game packs except star wars, dream decorator, jungle adventure and outdoor retreat, stuff packs I HAVE bowling night, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, luxury party, move hangout, perfect patio, vintage glamour and romantic garden. No fun packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug only occurred when I purchased snowy escapes & cottage living (purchased both at same time) and moved a family to Mt Komorebi (the snowy escapes map). 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims have the orange moodlet for chilled (haven't let it progress beyond this, built extra fires with autolight and some space heaters)
What do you expect to see? For them not to be chilled unless outside or perhaps naked. Particularly as I don't have seasons installed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No mods or CC. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? yes, as above, I had purchased cottage living & snowy escapes together. The bug was not present at all before these games were purchased AND I moved a family to Mt Komorebi (had been playing in the cottage living world prior to that and bug was not present but obviously not a cold/snowy map!). 

Any help? Other than purchasing Seasons to obtain a thermostat? While Seasons and Pets appeals to me, I have always regretted purchasing them (I've been playing since original sims) because I have found they become bloody annoying after a while. Every time, I've always given in to temptation that maybe its better than the previous generations expansion and while there has been improvement, Cats & Dogs still became burdensome and annoying so I've had stern words with myself about Seasons! 

Edited to try and make it easier to read/pick out information. 

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: Sims continue to receive 'Chilled' moodlet when indoors

Hero
@unholyangelgirl I split your post from the other thread cause that was a bit old.

There's currently this bug report that's still open: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Chilled-moodlets-in-certain-rooms-when-indoors/t... but you're issue could be different.

Since you don't have seasons, I assume it only happens in the top neighborhood where there's snow ?

The heaters are very local so do you get the moodlet when you're standing next to them too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help