Sims 4 Update - Green Menu & CAS

by TonyTiger09

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Icons are blank squares/ UI Glitching

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As you can see the timer at the bottom is invisible and the other icons at the bottom, this has just happened today so I'm not sure what it could be. Any help would be great Standard smile thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/7LYr1W8

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title a bit

Message 21 of 403 (33,145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: menus wonky after infant update

Hero

I'm going to lock this thread as there will be one dedicated Mod/CC thread per bigger patch going forward.

The current thread can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Mods-and-CC-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-April-18th-2023-G... 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 403 of 403 (19,674 Views)

All Replies

menu bar/control panel disappeared

★★★ Newbie

before i start here’s some info that might be relevant idk: i have mods cc and expansion packs on the game, and my computer is a windows 10 pc.

sims 4 game + computer had been working fine for ages, then suddenly my computer started to get slow and sims slowed down with it. it got to the point where it was so laggy i couldn’t even play it, so i cleared the RAM and storage and my computer software itself started working perfectly again, but when i tried to play sims, everything was fine (CAS, manage worlds etc.) but when i actually started playing a household the menu bar (or control panel, idk what it’s called lol) has just disappeared. i also cant go on build mode and when i click on any of the buttons on the top right corner e.g. the 3 dots, it simply just doesn’t do anything. i literally cant play the game right now and it’s really frustrating. ive tried rebooting the game several times, tried restarting my computer, tried “repairing” the game on origin, tried escaping the game and going back onto it.. nothing works. please please helpppp i want to play the sims again

Message 1 of 403 (35,036 Views)

Re: menu bar/control panel disappeared

@emmalouisehill  That sounds like one of the side effects of an outdated version of the UI Cheats mod.  If you have it, please remove it, delete localthumbcache.package as well (also in your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts), and see whether the game works normally.  If it doesn't, remove your entire Mods folder, delete localthumbcache again, and test.  You don't need to save your progress, so don't worry about any missing objects warning you see.

If this doesn't help either, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and see whether Build/Buy works normally.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 403 (35,019 Views)

Why is my sims 4 task bar glitched out

★★★ Newbie

It’s been glitching ever since the update

Message 3 of 403 (35,538 Views)

Re: Why is my sims 4 task bar glitched out

@kyyrriee  Try deleting the UI Cheats mod, if you have it.  Delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If that doesn't help or you don't have the mod, move your entire Mods folder to your desktop, delete localthumbcache.package (again), and test.

Message 4 of 403 (35,528 Views)

Sims 4 Update - Green Menu & CAS

★★★ Novice

Good evening,

I just updated my game, updated my major mods, and I noticed that I have this ridiculous green bar. At first, I thought it was the Columns mod, so I removed them completely from my folder, but that is not the culprit. Any suggestions as to what I should do? I'm a little puzzled as to what could be causing this from my Mods since I took my time and updated every last Mod that required an update (I haven't played my game since November 14th 2020).

Thank you!

Anthony

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 5.25.14 PM.png

Message 5 of 403 (30,341 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update - Green Menu & CAS

@TonyTiger09  Try removing any mod that affects the user interface, e.g. the UI Cheats mod.  Delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If that doesn't help, use the 50/50 method to sort through your mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Be sure to test once with no mods at all, just to be thorough.

Message 6 of 403 (30,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you!

I read into the UI Cheats Mod, which I actually do not have installed in my game at all. I will try the first method of deleting the localthumbcache.package and then work my way into the 50/50 method to sort through my mods and figure out which mod is affecting the user interface!

Message 7 of 403 (30,327 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict So after doing this method (I have a separate Mods folder for each of my biggest mods), I actually ended up finding the culprit that needed to be updated. It ended up being my the Xhallie Custom Wrench Icon that I use to help me identify custom content versus EA content in my games, such as in CAS. That mod was updated and I completely overlooked it. 

Thank you again for your help!

Message 8 of 403 (30,298 Views)

★★ Novice
@TonyTiger09 Thank you, I've had this problem after the recent patch and the problem was exactly with the custom wrench icon. So after reading this post I removed it and everything is okay now.

Thank you once again, happy simming! Standard smile
Message 9 of 403 (30,215 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help