by Zepher_James

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - My sim has completed disappeared from the game

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1-25-2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim disappeared
What happens when the bug occurs? I sent my sim to work and he has completed disappeared from the game. He's not in the family tree, relationships, or create a sim. I've tried loading backups back to my earliest one and he still doesn't show up. I even removed all mods from the game and still nothing.
What do you expect to see? My sim back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't have any error pop ups or anything. I just want my sim back and I'm worried this will keep happening please help.

Message 1 of 14 (27,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - My sim has completed disappeared from the game

Hero

@Zepher_James 

Yeah, it does sound like the sim is gone for good.  I've never played with more than 8 even though MCCC can let you, mainly because of CAS.  Since you can only edit 8 sim households in CAS, when you have more than 8, any over 8 get deleted so that could very well be related to whatever caused your sim to go missing. 

You might want to report it or ask at the MCCC Discord though as someone there may know something about it so you can avoid it happening again.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (27,076 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Zepher_James Did you remove your mods before or after the Sim disappeared ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (27,106 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict After the sim disappeared
Message 3 of 14 (27,100 Views)

Hero
@Zepher_James Do you still have backups from before so you could remove your mods and test on a vanilla game before they disappeared ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (27,098 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried loading backups without mods and the sims is still completely gone from the game
Message 5 of 14 (27,092 Views)

Hero

@Zepher_James 

I know how you feel about losing your sim this way.  I have had a couple instances recently where the active household has completely disappeared on me when reloading after exiting and saving.  Both times it has happened, I had a Last Exception (LE) at some point during my play prior to the save and exit.  In trouble shooting what happened, I was fortunate as I was able to use a recovered save to get them back so you might want to see if you can recover a save where your sim is still in the game.  After recovering the save, I was able to duplicate the event several times.  I also use MCCC which shows a wall post when an LE occurs and that let me figure out exactly when the LE occurred and gave me the specific error that caused the LE.  Once I knew what and when it happened, I was able to avoid it happening again and was able to go on.  

Just in case you don't know how to recover a save, all you have to do is:  At the Main Menu, click the Load button and select a save.  Just to the left of the Play and Delete buttons there will be another button and when you mouse over it, it will say Recover.  Just click on it and it will give you a list of all the versions of that save.  Select one and recover it.  Start the game with that recovered save and see if your sim is back.  If not, do it again with the next one on the list.  Rinse and repeat until you find one that has your sim.  If none of them have your sim still there after doing that, then try another older save file.   Unfortunately, if you go through all your save files and can't find the sim, then that household is lost and you will have to start over by loading the sim from your library if it was a sim you created in CAS.  When you create a sim in CAS, the last thing that happens when you exit CAS is that the household is saved to your library so you should have the sim there.

Hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 14 (27,084 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 I tried recovering the save back to the earliest version and still nothing. I did have MCCC and the household had 9 sims if that somehow contributed to my sim getting wiped from the game. I figured he'd be gone for good so I just ended up loading him back into the game from my library.
Message 7 of 14 (27,080 Views)

Hero

@Zepher_James 

Yeah, it does sound like the sim is gone for good.  I've never played with more than 8 even though MCCC can let you, mainly because of CAS.  Since you can only edit 8 sim households in CAS, when you have more than 8, any over 8 get deleted so that could very well be related to whatever caused your sim to go missing. 

You might want to report it or ask at the MCCC Discord though as someone there may know something about it so you can avoid it happening again.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 14 (27,077 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 Yeah I figured it had something to do with MCCC I think I went into CAS and he got deleted. I'm just not going to mess around with household larger than 8 now lol. Thanks so much for your help.
Message 9 of 14 (27,074 Views)

Hero

@Zepher_James 

You're welcome.  Have a great day simming!

Message 10 of 14 (27,070 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help