Re: Sim won't watch wall-mounted tvs....no mods

by Chrysanthemum17

Original Post

Sim won't watch wall-mounted tvs....no mods

★★ Novice

Hey I'm having an issue with my sim not watching the tv. They will only watch the televisions that i can have on the floor or on a tv stand.... not the mounted ones (which i would prefer to keep the floor clear for more space). I am only playing the sims 4 base game and have never downloaded any mods. Help please <3

Message 1 of 7 (1,105 Views)

Champion

@Chrysanthemum17, Does this only happen in one family or does it happen in other households?  Does it happen if you play a family in another Save Game file?  Wondering
You can try moving the family out and then back into their house to see if that resets the house. Thinking

Also, you could try to repair your game in Origin.  To do that, log in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. Angel

And even though you don't play with Mods, do you happen to play with any Custom Content (CC)? Wondering That can also affect your game. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! It only happened with this family (willow creek behind goth family 30x20 lot). I made another family on the bargain bend lot by the bf house to see if the same thing would happen but they can watch the wall tv with no problem on the second household. I have thought about moving their lot because I thought there may be a bug there(?) & I will also repair! Oh and I dont have any CC  at all currently. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (1,034 Views)

Champion

@Chrysanthemum17, thank you for replying!  Good to know you also don't use CC as we can now rule that out!   I have found out that some split-level houses can cause problems with the wall mounted TV's (depending on which level the TV is and the Sims watching it are), but since it is just a lot that you either built a house on or else placed one you downloaded, I don't know if your house could be considered a split-level or not. Wondering

It could be a glitched lot, house, or family, but you can test this in a few ways.  One way is to have your family visit another family with a wall-mounted TV and see if they can watch that one.  If they can, you know it isn't your actual family that is causing the problems.  But what you might want to do is to create a new Save Game file by choosing "New Game" on the main menu and then play a family living in the same address as the one that can't watch a wall mounted TV, and then see if the new family can watch it at the same address, preferably if you can place the same house at that lot to see if it is the house that is the problem.Thinking  You can also test a copy of their house in another location to see if the same problem occurs at a different address. 

And of course it can't hurt to do a repair! Angel Hopefully you won't have to move your family. Fingers crossed

Please update us on your findings! Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (992 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello and thanks again! I have repaired my game and it has helped as far as loading speeds and random glitching but they still cannot watch the tv. I have saved the house/lot and family so si will be able to love them and test that soo . Thanks for all the help so far! Never knew I could repair it's so helpful!

Message 5 of 7 (958 Views)

Champion

@Chrysanthemum17, I'm glad the repair helped some aspects of your game even if it didn't solve your wall-mounted TV issues!  Standard smile
Please update us if you are able to get your Sims to watch their wall-mounted TV in their house or not! Angel Hopefully one of these suggestions or another will be able to solve your problem! Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 7 (930 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! I know it's been ages since I have been online to see any replies! I wanted to let you know that your tip to repair definitely helped and I use that to this day for a quick fix. I have also moved that family out since then and they can watch the mounted TV completely fine! Thank you for all your help.

Message 7 of 7 (765 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help