Re: Sim can't enter or exit a room

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sim can't enter or exit a room

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. My sim has issues with entering and exiting rooms. They think that something's blocking their way with an icon, but nothing's blocking! The door to the room is not locked, and I have tried resetting the Sim but no avail. It's getting on my nerves lately. I don't have any mods associated with pathfinding.

Message 1 of 5 (1,940 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LlamaOMama 

Try to rasise the wall to see what could be blocking. If that doesn't help post screenshots showing the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try having your sim travel anywhere and then travel back. That's always fixed this glitch for me.

Message 3 of 5 (1,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much great advice 

Message 4 of 5 (1,036 Views)

★ Guide
@LlamaOMama My temporary solution: If I'm in that sim's own home, I go into the build mode to see if there is indeed something blocking the way. If not (95% of the time), I click on the door, take it out and put it back in). After returning to play mode, the sim is able to enter/exit the room.
Message 5 of 5 (419 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help