No wants or fears

by laerkebayr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No wants or fears

★★★ Newbie

Hey! 

I couldn't find any answer to this, so I decided to create a new thread and hopefully there will be an answer. 

I was looking forward to the newest update especially with the new wants and fears thing. But they are not there. I usually had whims on, but now there is nothing above the sims' head in the bottom left corner. 

I have tried a lot of different things to see if they would turn up. They were turned on in the menu, so I tried turning them off and on again, but that didn't work. I then tried turning them off, close and reopen the game and turn them on. Nothing. 

I tried to repair the game, but nothing. 

I tried using a different household and creating a new game. But still nothing. 

I have a few mods installed, but mostly just cas/build stuff and minor things. I tried turning off mods, closing the game and everything above again. Still nothing. I tried just moving the mods from the folder, but that didn't work either.

I played for about 24 sim hours before i noticed, so I also tried to just wait, but they didn't show up. I haven't tried waiting for longer as I thought they should have been there from the beginning

It doesn't disrupt my gameplay and everything else works fine. But I was looking forward to see how it would work. 

I hope someone can help! Thank you

Message 9 of 33 (16,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No wants or fears

Hero

Hi  @laerkebayr 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 33 (16,428 Views)

All Replies

Why do i not have to wants and fears

★★★ Newbie

The new sims update came out and I already had whims on and now I don’t have wants and fears.

Message 1 of 33 (15,154 Views)

Re: Why do i not have to wants and fears

Hero
@SpooF_Lilbox Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? If so, do you have them if you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (15,144 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I cannot speak for OP, but I am also having this issue and do not use mods. My game is updated, and I repaired it in Origin, but there are only aspirations, no fears and wants. The option to "Show Wants & Fears" is available under "Gameplay" in the "Game Options" menu, but the only thing above my sims heads are aspirations. I have turned them on and off again lol
Message 3 of 33 (15,087 Views)

Hero
@drwhomrmoo could you post a pic ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (15,083 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure! Here's the menu and then what my sim has above her head. She has the "Chat with Someone" and "Earn $1000 Simoleons" aspirations. Let me know if you need pictures of anything else. 

Message 5 of 33 (15,080 Views)

Hero
@drwhomrmoo That's how they look now. These are the wants.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (15,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh lol I thought these were the same thing as before- my bad lol Thank you for your help!

Message 7 of 33 (15,054 Views)

Hero
@drwhomrmoo No, they tried to make them different and more meaningful. I don't think you have fears from start. You will get them according to situation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (15,035 Views)

Re: No wants or fears

Hero

Hi  @laerkebayr 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (16,429 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help