Re: No "Send Home" Interaction

by SianAF148

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No "Send Home" Interaction

★ Apprentice

The patch notes have this included: "Speaking of unwelcome visitors, we’ve also added a new Send Home interaction that’s available on visiting NPCs or as a self-interaction in the case of multiple visitors. How is this interaction any different from Ask To Leave or Go Away, you might ask? Convenience. Unlike its less efficient predecessors, this interaction is nearly instantaneous and leaves your visitors with no hurt feelings or Relationship impact. We added it as a useful tool for players, not necessarily as a story-telling mechanism."

Not only can I not find any interaction that says "send home", but there's no "go away" or "ask to leave" option since the update. A random man has been hanging around my Sims house for two days, and I can't make him leave. 

Message 1 of 10 (44,120 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@Theenaabeenaa Could you please create a new thread in bugs for this specific home invasion ?

Going to lock this thread as it's very old and we have this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-invading-Homes/td-p/13285790

There's currently no active thread for the missing send home.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (6,130 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@itschaostheory 

Ok, the new one works a little differently as far as I can tell.  I have seen it come up but need to do a bit more testing.  I haven't used it.  

I can tell you this much though, all the sims invited into my sim's home have the "Ask to Leave" option under Friendly and the "Go Away" option under Mean on them.

I have had sims hanging around before that wouldn't leave and I had neither option.  This was before the last patch and release of EL.  What it took to get rid of them was a save and exit and reload.  

If you use mods, MCCC has an option on the cheat menu to make them leave too.  So that is another way to get rid of unwanted visitors.

Hope this helps.

Edit:  I finally got the options to show up on a couple of sims.  The send home option shows up on a sim you want to leave and the Send All Home option shows up on an active sim.  In my case, the sim I wanted to leave was a keyholder.  I used the send all option on my sim though and the keyholder sim left immediately left.  No hit to relationship like you get with Ask to Leave.    

Message 2 of 10 (44,047 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I live in Sulani and I read somewhere that it is intended that people walk into your house or have parties. I don't care about that. What really bothers me is that there's two sims who work at these little booths and sell lemons show up regularly, they just walk into my house without knocking and look for a place to sleep. Or they walk around in search for a place to sleep. None of these has an option to send them home, ever. So I have to wake up my most healthy sim to travel with them to another lot and leave them there. Or have them walk around in search for a bed with my sleep time moving very slowly. I even had my mermaid trying to drown them with a siren's song in deep water, but they are tough. Yes, I can lock the doors, but when a friend comes I always forget to re-lock the door and there they are.

Message 3 of 10 (41,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lailantie I absolutely hate that NPCs just walk in and you have no option to make them leave!  It happens in San Myshuno too.   It would be sooo great if someone could change that.

Edit: Check out this thread...
Random townies decide to live in my house? - Answer HQ

I added my "me too" there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 10 (41,956 Views)

★ Novice

@JonaO703 Aside from the random NPCs walking in, I just discovered the send home interaction isn't available when they rock up to your place for a wellness treatment (massage, manicure/pedicure) even after greeting them. It's just frustrating at this point.

Message 5 of 10 (34,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

At this point, don't rely on EA to add in these features. Just install MCCC. There a command in the menu somewhere called "Make Sim Leave" and it immediately directs them to leave the lot and works all the time. MCCC also has story progression features so you don't need to rely on... lets say... Don Lothario calling up and asking you if he should get a girlfriend and make a baby. With MCCC he'll be an independent adult and do it himself instead of being a man baby and calling on some sim he barely knows to dictate his life decisions.

Message 6 of 10 (34,411 Views)

★ Guide

I've been having this issue lately too where there's no option to make a sim leave. They seem to be really attracted to my dumpster. I have a screenshot here where the send home option should be there. Even when I click more options, the send home option is not there.

Message 7 of 10 (6,267 Views)

@Theenaabeenaa Just to be sure, is this with or without mods? And did you invite the Sim into your house?

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 8 of 10 (6,225 Views)

★ Guide

I am using this without mods and I did not invite the sim to my house.

Message 9 of 10 (6,141 Views)

Hero
@Theenaabeenaa Could you please create a new thread in bugs for this specific home invasion ?

Going to lock this thread as it's very old and we have this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-invading-Homes/td-p/13285790

There's currently no active thread for the missing send home.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (6,131 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help