No Mods Folder in any Documents Folder

by AnnieBannanie2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Mods Folder in any Documents Folder

★★★★ Novice

I recently got a new laptop and downloaded Sims 4 through Origin. I don't have a Mods folder. I looked in (my name)> Documents> Electronic Arts> Sims 4 and there is no Mods folder. I've looked in This PC>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4, nothing. I've looked in One Drive>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims4, nada.  I've started and played the game a few times which usually solves the problem, but still no Mods folder.  Not sure where to go from here.

Message 1 of 3 (3,890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Mods Folder in any Documents Folder

@AnnieBannanie2  Have you enabled mods within the game settings?  That's normally not necessary, but it's worth trying anyway.  If you've already enabled mods, disable them, quit, and reenable them.

Otherwise, please double-check that you're looking in the correct user folder.  Here's how to find it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Let me know if the username in the file path is NOT your username.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,861 Views)

All Replies

@AnnieBannanie2  Have you enabled mods within the game settings?  That's normally not necessary, but it's worth trying anyway.  If you've already enabled mods, disable them, quit, and reenable them.

Otherwise, please double-check that you're looking in the correct user folder.  Here's how to find it:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Let me know if the username in the file path is NOT your username.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (3,862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I didn't have Mods enabled in game (new download). I enabled mods and everything seems to be working now. I don't remember it affecting the Mods folder before, but maybe this is something with the new updates.

Message 3 of 3 (3,805 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help