Re: NEW problems

by RavenLure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NEW problems

★★★ Guide

Seems like some of the CC doors and windows are not working... some are. The ones that are not working are across a couple different creators. This kind of thing happened before and it was fixed with an update.. but seeing that it is  CC content, should I file a help ticket? I did run a repair and clear out the local thumbnail cache or what ever that is..

Message 1 of 12 (736 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@RavenLure , if the problem is with CC or Mods then it can't be EA's fault. I am guessing that the situation  in the past  that you mentioned the Mods/CC became outdated happened after EA updated the game.  Game updates need to be done in order to give us new free content and especially to fix bugs that are present in the game.  EA needs to make these changes to the game and can not work around the thousands of CC items and Mods that are out there. Disappointed  It is the responsibility of Mods and CC creators to keep up with the game.  If a CC or Mods creator does not make it so you can get updated versions of their previous items without paying, then that is their fault, not EA's . Raised eyebrow I was under the impression that CC/Mods creators were not supposed to put their items behind paywalls, but could be wrong about that. Sounds suspicious to me🤔, but I haven't used Mods/CC since the Sims 3. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (653 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@RavenLure 

EA do not support Mods or CC. For help contact the creators whose CC you have trouble with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (710 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jpkarlsen well I do know that ea does not support mods or CC.. but BUT.... this has happened before and it WAS EA's fault. This was a year or so ago and I cannot contact all of the creators that it has effected because, I do not pay subscriptions to their tumbler or patron or what have you. 😒
Message 3 of 12 (669 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , if the problem is with CC or Mods then it can't be EA's fault. I am guessing that the situation  in the past  that you mentioned the Mods/CC became outdated happened after EA updated the game.  Game updates need to be done in order to give us new free content and especially to fix bugs that are present in the game.  EA needs to make these changes to the game and can not work around the thousands of CC items and Mods that are out there. Disappointed  It is the responsibility of Mods and CC creators to keep up with the game.  If a CC or Mods creator does not make it so you can get updated versions of their previous items without paying, then that is their fault, not EA's . Raised eyebrow I was under the impression that CC/Mods creators were not supposed to put their items behind paywalls, but could be wrong about that. Sounds suspicious to me🤔, but I haven't used Mods/CC since the Sims 3. 

Message 4 of 12 (654 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 there are some that are behind pay walls their items but some I cannot contact unless I subscribe to them or have a pay subscription depending on platform. I do not get anything behind paywalls.. But I have seen alot that are. When this happened before, the creator a well known one, I was able to get a hold of. Her chairs would not work, they just stopped.... I contacted her and she instructed to clear cache do a repair. but that did not work. She did check it out but said it was something in the EA program in one of the updates that broke them.. *shrugs,, could be maybe she did not understand either. But it seems doors and windows are basic.. Oh then there was the doors it was one of EAs own doors that would not work LOL when that was fixed I think that is when the chairs were fixed....Oh who knows.. I will just wait.. something is bound to happen.... This is one good reason why NOT to purchase anything behind paywalls LOL
Message 5 of 12 (631 Views)

★★★ Guide

close please

Message 6 of 12 (622 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , people can call outdated Mods/CC "broken", because in a way they are -- and yes, an update/patch from EA do often cause Mods/CC to be broken, in that sense, so from that Mod/CC creator's point of view , that is what it looks like.  However, EA has to update the game, and Mod/CC creators know that ... they are aware that the game will change overtime and that they will have to update their items to keep up with the game.Raised eyebrow  But it isn't fair to blame EA for "breaking" a 3rd party's CC or Mods because it is EA's game!  If there is a CC/Mods creator who blames EA for updating their own game, then that isn't fair or logical since if EA didn't ever patch the game, none of the bugs would ever get fixed!😓 (not to mention we could not get new features like configurable stairs or octagonal roofs unless we bought the pack that features them, which would leave a lot of base-game-only players out of these improved features. 😥 )

Yes, sometimes EA's updates break their own items, and in that case it would be fair to say EA is at blame since their changes messed up their own game items or features. I think one good example is there were some bathtubs that couldn't be cleaned when they added Off-the Grid functions to the game.  But when they fixed that bug, some of the bathtubs were "broken" in another way since for people with the Spa Day GP, they could no longer use the mudbath option on those tubs. 🙃

But the only way to remedy that is to allow for more patches so those bugs can be fixed as well!  The Sims is a complicated game, that gets more complicated as time goes on. CC and Mods do complicate it even more, but EA is not responsible for the decisions of Mods/CC creators.  I don't blame you for not wanting to downloading anything that is behind a paywall, but it is in really bad taste to make people download something for free, only later to charge them if they want to get the updated version! 😠 

If you are still having problems in your game, you can do the following if you want to figure out which Mod or CC item is causing the problem by doing the following:

In order to see if this problem is caused by your CC, please do all of the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important (which is why one of your Mods/CC creators had you do it)  because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

If you can download updated versions of the outdated Mods or CC items that you find are causing your problem, you can put those back in your game.😃  But if the items are never updated, or if they are behind a subscription/paywall, then you should delete them from your game, or they will continue to cause problems! 😓

I hope this helps you! 
Feel free to update us if you decide to do these steps! Angel

Message 7 of 12 (602 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , I just saw this post and thought of you.  How to report someone - Answer HQ (ea.com)
It is in regards to CC/Mods creators who put their items behind a paywall!  Patreon is within the rules as long as it is something like Early Access for a few weeks, but it can't be for a long time or permanent. (And it shouldn't be for updates to items that are outdated! ) Raised eyebrow😠

I would read the whole thread and try some of the links to report the sites that break this rule.  Some people were having trouble getting the link to work, so be sure to read to the end for more suggestions if you can't get the links to work. Wink

I hope this helps! 🍀

Message 8 of 12 (565 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Thank you for that information I will definitely check into that.. sometimes to contact a creator you have to have a paid subscription which sucks. If I was a millionaire I would sub one dollar to all the creators I use just so I could contact them. It is frustrating. LOL

Anyway EA broke one of its own a while back I forgot what they broke but I remember now it was the door to the Screaching Lama Pub in Windenburg.. I know non of that was spelt right. LOL sims were trapped inside and no one could get in LOLOL I had to replace the door till EA did an update LOL

There is one creator... who is not on patreon and has his own site ran into a while back but all of his stuff is for real world cash.. Good stuff but not worth what he was asking lol
Message 9 of 12 (517 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , hopefully that link will help you.  But there are free Mods and CC out there as well. 

Yes, the bugs in the game are when EA breaks their own items or gameplay.  But EA can't really break what other people add on, because technically the add-ons aren't part of the game in the first place.  You can call it a broken Mod but it is really just a Mod that needs to be updated.Wink  And there would be no way for EA to keep track of that, due to the sheer numbers of stuff that CC/Mods creators add to the game.  

Hopefully you can find some Mods/CC that you like that follow the rules and don't require payment! 😊

Message 10 of 12 (492 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help