Re: My sims settings is not working

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims settings is not working

★★★ Newbie

My sims wont work and i don´t get why. It is not laggy but still very slow. I cannot see the settings or quit my game the right way. To quit the game i have to restart my computer. I have tried to repair my game multiple times now but it wont work still. Look at the picture.

Message 1 of 8 (4,318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Winterflinga , Thanks for answering me! You probably have some outdated CC! You can see if the CC you used has been updated to match the most recent game update. To make sure your problem is with your Mods or CC, you can run a test without them and see by following the steps listed below:

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important, as corrupted bits of data can be hidden here, The game will generate a fresh loacalthumbcache.package file , so don't worry!) 

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods sometime after a new game patch/update, so when you find out which CC item or Mod is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whomever made that item of CC in the first place. Just be sure that the latest version of the CC or Mod you are using is compatible with the latest patch to the game!  Delete your old CC or Mod and add the updated version to your game for each CC item or Mod that was out of date. If there isn't an updated version of the CC item or Mod, then just remove it from your game until the CC/Mod creator updates the item. 

You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.Raised eyebrow  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version.  If you prefer not to do regular maintenance on your CC or Mods, then it is best not to play with them. (I don't use them anymore for this reason! 😅 )  

Please update us on if this works for you or not! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (4,241 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Winterflinga ,  Thank you for providing the picture, since pictures are often very helpful! Angel  About your game speed, are you saying it is playing smoothly even if it seems to be playing slowly? (Usually when I hear that the game is playing slowly, it is also very choppy and not playing smoothly at all). 

Most importantly, are you playing on a console or on a PC or Mac?  If you are playing on a PC or Mac, do you play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC). Wondering

Message 2 of 8 (4,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes i di have CC! But i cannot turn them of eighter.. I play on pc 

Message 3 of 8 (4,268 Views)

Champion

@Winterflinga , Thanks for answering me! You probably have some outdated CC! You can see if the CC you used has been updated to match the most recent game update. To make sure your problem is with your Mods or CC, you can run a test without them and see by following the steps listed below:

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important, as corrupted bits of data can be hidden here, The game will generate a fresh loacalthumbcache.package file , so don't worry!) 

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods sometime after a new game patch/update, so when you find out which CC item or Mod is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whomever made that item of CC in the first place. Just be sure that the latest version of the CC or Mod you are using is compatible with the latest patch to the game!  Delete your old CC or Mod and add the updated version to your game for each CC item or Mod that was out of date. If there isn't an updated version of the CC item or Mod, then just remove it from your game until the CC/Mod creator updates the item. 

You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.Raised eyebrow  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version.  If you prefer not to do regular maintenance on your CC or Mods, then it is best not to play with them. (I don't use them anymore for this reason! 😅 )  

Please update us on if this works for you or not! Angel

Message 4 of 8 (4,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it works now! Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 8 (4,218 Views)

Champion

@Winterflinga , No problem! 🥰 I'm so glad your game is working properly!  Party hat

Message 6 of 8 (4,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello, is there a tool that can help us figure out which cc / mod is causing the problem? I have 1200 total and I really don't want to have to go through them all.

thanks

Message 7 of 8 (3,678 Views)

@jackbmartin  No, there's no tool to accomplish this.  But for the issue the original poster had at least, the culprit is usually a mod that affects the user interface, e.g. UI Cheats, or a mod by TwistedMexi.

Otherwise, the 50/50 method can sort through 1200 files in 11 tests, that is if you only have one broken mod.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (3,653 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help