My game won't launch- Sims 4

by sydtay2015

Original Post

My game won't launch- Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

My game won't load. I have tried everything I could to help my game to open but it won't even show at startup. I get no error message on anything, no matter what I do, whenever I try to start my game it just takes me back to my homepage and then to origin. I don't even have a loading screen.  After I click on Origin disappears for 10 seconds or so then reappears with no error message whatsoever, and nothing happens afterward. I have deleted my Mods folder and tried starting the game, but no luck. I have tried deleting the cache, but no luck. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game, but no luck. I have reset and rebooted my game as well and no luck. I have deleted so cc I thought was corrupted and no suck luck. I have over 3,000 CC in my game right now and before they were working just fine. I don't know what happened or what's wrong but I would like my game back I have been playing since 2015. Please Help. I have exhausted all of my options. 

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: My game won't launch- Sims 4

@sydtay2015  Please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by teh game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode.

If the game still won't open, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, that is if your computer runs Windows.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (146 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help