Re: My Sim parents sometimes refuse to hug a toddler back :(

by Gednaa

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@SianAF148 I do that, but it shouldn't be an issue in the game for those without mods or anybody! (This is not me being mean to you btw!) It's very upsetting when a parent refuses a hug, even with mods, so those without must be suffering more. Frown
Message 31 of 39 (727 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Gednaa  Yeah, I took my Super Sim to Henford-on-Bagley and moved her into the lovely empty house in Old New Henford with the rest of her family.  They're all five star celebrities.  It was fine, but we mainly raised chickens and did the aspiration while her merhusband swam in the river compulsively.  Wink  We did not attempt villager errands for that reason. 

(We left her adult sister in the San Myshuno penthouse.)

We ended up missing the city and moved back.  I like confining the paparazzi to the elevator lobby. 

Message 32 of 39 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That made me giggle!  the thought of you confining the paparazzi to the lobby.  I don't know much of San Myshuno, I went there for a while and couldn't stand people wandering in and out of my apartment! People just randomly appeared! Nowadays, I get so bored, I just frighten the hell out of my sims by locking them in a haunted house and cheating all their good moodlets off them so they're terrified!  I won't do it to kids though! I now make children in CAS so that the whole toddler stage is missed out.  I loved toddlers, but it's unplayable now. The kids barely know the parents when they age up (famous or not) sims seem to be getting worse at bonding than ever. I'm sure there used to be a lot more caring and sharing going on. Now they don't even keep in touch when they become adults, like they're complete strangers.  I spend most of my time building or creating sims now. game playing time has gone down a lot!  :/

Message 33 of 39 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gednaa 

I like San Myshuno, but I do lock my doors and I also tend to have Sims in penthouses or The Old Salt House.  The starter apartments are kind of annoying (in a good way? depends on your playstyle), with noisy neighbors and the like, but I like how lively it is. 

With the doors locked, the Paparazzi tend to congregate in the elevator lobby and play on their phones all day. In the burbs, I've found they try to congregate around your pool, hang out in the garden, try to let themselves into your house (but the door's locked)...

Message 34 of 39 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I lived in 1 Torendi Towers for a short while, where people would randomly wander in even with the doors locked (???) and before that one of the other apartments which had noisy neighbours which my sims hated! Also that weird one with the blonde hair and bright suit ( can't remember his name now!) kept coming and complaining to us if we played the piano, so yet another move!  Back in Sulani now, and my sims are happy again.  Haven't had time to play them much as I do a lot on the gallery these days.  Thanks for all the info @xochiquetzl_xkvn Standard smile. xxx

Message 35 of 39 (663 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GednaaI think there was a bug where door locks just didn't work on apartments that they've since fixed.  Yeah, that would drive me CRAZY.  Also you're talking about Diego Lobo!  :D

My Sims tend to live in Torendi Tower, too, but I always edit out the basketball court.  I've also lived in Fountainview Penthouse, The Old Salt House, and... I forget the name, a super annoying starter apartment next door to Salim Benali, who is a nice Sim but a super annoying neighbor.  Wink

Message 36 of 39 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So...  the refusing the toddler a hug is still not fixed!  I've had it happen twice in the past few days since I started letting them have kids again, in the hope that the bug was fixed, but obviously it isn't.  Please fix this, it ruins the enjoyment of the game.  I also got the sad about evil moodlet agains a toddler again!!  Heeeeelp.  Toddlers are impossible!!!  My sims are all good,, cheerful, family traits!  What????

Message 37 of 39 (587 Views)

★ Guide

This is still an issue more than 2 years later and I for one was very displeased when it just happened in my game (it may have happened before and I didn't catch it at the time, because I've had some mysterious negative sentiments with Parent/Toddler in the past).

Not only is it Out of Character for my sim to refuse to hug his daughter, but it hits very close to home when you've had to deal with emotionally neglectful/abusive parents in RL. Some may enjoy exploring that in their games, I don't.

Message 38 of 39 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have taken the beloved trait off my parent sims and they never refuse a hug now, no need for introductions when the child ages up either.  Hope this helps!  Standard smile

Message 39 of 39 (380 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help