‘Move/debug objects’ issue

by _awkwardlezbean

Original Post

‘Move/debug objects’ issue

★ Guide

I’m on ps5 and I used a build tutorial to make a Kitchen. it had me using the debug vent and these thin board things. Whenever I turn the game off and come back, the items have moved out of place. It’s only the ones that I raise up from the ground. Like I was covering a counter with the vents and there was two on the ground and then 2 that I had to raise up above them and they keep shooting down back down to ground level whenever I turn off the game and sometimes during it when I’m in build mode and change certain things. But I never see when it happens so I don’t know what move caused it. I have to keep going behind and raising them back up and into place again whenever I shut off my system. I’ve never had this happen before. They normally don’t move.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Message 1 of 4 (424 Views)

Re: ‘Move/debug objects’ issue

[ Edited ]
Champion

@_awkwardlezbeanHmmm... I do use debug items, and MOO to move/adjust them, but I am not on console, so unfortunately if this console related I'm useless. However, I can try my hand at it.

First, from your images I wonder if the items are turning black when placed, but not black before that. If that's the case, sometimes that works in a fidgety way since I assume when I MOO something and it turns black that the color/texture and other functions given to the item are no longer connecting. Sometimes that works okay for me, but most of the time not. Are your sims able to use the countertops that you are adding these items to? Unless you don't care about this, you may want test that before progressing.

Are you using the thin boards or vents in the countertops to make them black?

Anyway, there are sometimes situations where something moved later in the building process effects another item in the build (deleting it). On rare occasions I have found this to be the case, where I couldn't really find a reason to explain why it was happening. If this is the case for you perhaps you could wait and do that part that keeps deleting last. Have you tested to see if the items stay in place if you don't do anything else after placing them and confirming they are in place, then save the game and leave the game then re-enter?

You can also try retracing the room and making sure it is 'whole', that the ceiling and floor in the room are complete, and that things in the adjacent areas and the build in general are behaving normally. (Rooms are complete, ceilings are in place, platforms and other items are not in locations that are effecting other items' normal function, etc. - Just exploring and experimenting a bit.)

If none of this is working for you and you want to upload your lot to the gallery with some of the debug items on the floor and a description of where you want them, I could experiment with it a bit in my game (See if I have the issue or see a cause, etc.). Directions for sharing in spoiler tag:

Spoiler
You could name it something like "debug item test". Then please add a comment in this thread to let me know the name, and please let me know if your User ID in the gallery is different than it is here in the forum.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (369 Views)

★ Guide

So sorry for the late reply. For some reason emails from this site suddenly started going to junk mail and I didn’t know anyone responded.

it seems to just be debug items. I used the vents for that, not the one that has an actual name but the debug one that’s ‘unknown’ that one doesn’t snap to the wall like the other one does. 

someone had suggested that I save it to my library and then replace it and I think it may have worked. I gave up placing the vents on the counters to make them black and just used black counters instead aHaha which was a lot easier in the end. The other thing I used was this stick/2x4 type board and those were moving too but since saving to the library, it seems to be fine now. Hopefully it remains that way. It was strange how they would just randomly move. They didn’t use to do that. Maybe it’s because of the update coming? It seems fine now but if it happens again, I’ll follow your advice! Thank you for taking the time to help me ❤️

Message 3 of 4 (359 Views)

Champion

@_awkwardlezbeanYou are very welcome. I added a note to my first post (probably while you were typing your response 😀), so yes, if you have the issue reoccur you could check those possibilities. Enjoy your kitchen!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (355 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help