[Mod related] Needs Bar doesn't change color

by MyNameIsntHarper

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Needs Bar Colors Wrong

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Two of my sims already accidentally starved to death cause their hunger bars were super low but green, and the moodlet did not show up. The affected need bar seems to be random.

Message 21 of 112 (8,684 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Needs Bar Colors Wrong

★★★ Newbie
@JhuFel8922 One of my sims accidentally starved for the same reason. Now another sim has a full hygiene bar, but it's yellow. So far, have not had this bug happen with a teen aged sim though, only an adult and a Young Adult.
Message 22 of 112 (8,676 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PC- Needs bug

Champion (Retired)

@pbpw1ewkgr8m 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 23 of 112 (8,676 Views)

Re: Needs won’t change colors

★★★★★ Apprentice
@izzylee388 My sim died of starvation because of this exact problem.
Message 24 of 112 (8,643 Views)

Re: Needs bar stays green even when full

★★★★ Novice
@lauradelrose1 Someone said the same thing was happening to them and their saying it’s cuz it’s Slice of like
Message 25 of 112 (8,627 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SarahCookie2 Sorry. Slice of life I meant. But you said you removed mods so idk. It’s happening to me too tho.
Message 26 of 112 (8,625 Views)

Re: Bug: sims don’t become uncomfortable when their hunger is dangerously low

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too but I deleted every single mod I had. There's only some clothing cc. Still keeps doing it and sils keep dying Frown

Message 27 of 112 (8,404 Views)

★★ Novice

It's also happening to me and my sims are dying of starvation but it isn't showing it anywhere and the motive is green?

Message 28 of 112 (8,511 Views)

Sims needs are decaying too quickly. Dying and being taken away from starvation.

★★★ Newbie

I was playing with a family but then one of them died from starvation. Then I noticed the needs stopped changing colors.. When their hunger was almost completely gone, still bright green. So obvioudly something is weird there. It happened again to another Sim. Got frustrated. Maybe I needed a new family. (I was just guessing at this point) and only some of the sims  needs colors worked. And some was so stressful looking through. My child got taken away because her needs were all green (but the line was all the way down)

Please help. It's getting so miserable playing the sims with this happening. And it also seems like their needs are decaying so quickly. 

Message 29 of 112 (8,490 Views)

Needs Decay too fast after July Patch

★★★ Newbie

Having a huge issue with my sims’ needs panel.

One, the colors aren’t showing up correctly (e.x., despite a need being full, the bar is yellow; despite the need being less than half full, it still shows green).

Two, my sim died of starvation just a few seconds after getting the low hungry warning. All around, the need bars are depleting too quickly for me to complete an action to make sure the need is met (e.x., passing out before making it to bed). 

This only started happening after I updated my game with the recent patch. Please tell me there’s a fix coming for this because my game is currently unplayable. 

Message 30 of 112 (8,417 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help