Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Mod Related] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress lost

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most but not high school years yet. Ive encountered this bug with my werewolf household in moonwoodmill
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Game day/time is reverted back to a specific day after save/exit, going in and out of CAS and Manage worlds
What do you expect to see? to load back to the last day I saved instead of taking back in time and resting progress
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. newest patch before high school years

I cannot progress in the game because every load transition either through save/exit, CAS, or Manage world takes my game back to the day I loaded in at the start. For example, I load into the game on a Tuesday...play the game until Sunday, and try to edit a baby NPC that has now turned into a toddler. Go into manage worlds and the toddler is now a baby again, exit CAS and load back into my household...and it is back to Tuesday(hence why the toddler is back to a baby because the age reset). The same happens if I save from Sunday, exit game, then come back it will still be Tuesday again once loaded in. I took out all mods, and rolled back the save to a later date than that Tuesday but it just does the same with that date as well. 

P.S. this household is primarily using the new werewolf game pack. I did not have this issue until I updated my game with the latest patch for high school years on July 26-27th

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 8 of 673 (42,526 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS messes with save files?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all,

We are currently trying to gather more information on this issue, so we've split this thread up for tracking purposes.

If you are experiencing this problem on PC/Mac and you do not play with mods, please post in the thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unmodded-PC-Time-Reset-Progress-Lost/m-p/1167353...

For console players, please post in the thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/CURRENT-ISSUE-Console-Time-Reset-Progress-Lost/m...

Thank you all for your reports on this so far! 

Hey all, 

With today's release to The Sims 4 we believe this issue is now resolved. If you are still seeing this issue after the patch please post in the dedicated thread here for further assistance.

Thanks! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 422 of 673 (27,322 Views)

All Replies

Time keeps changing back and forth

★★★ Newbie

My ingame time goes from Sunday to Friday in seconds or goes backwards and I lose alot of progress or have sims dying because of it. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 673 (41,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@emiqueeniearrow Moving this to game issue for troubleshooting

What age settings are you playing on ?

Do you have a backup you could try to see if it happens again ?

Using this as master post

Us heroes have been moving a few threads into this one. I believe there are several symptoms for one and the same issue so I think we're good to merge them. I will use this post to add info 

I personally have to say that I still think mods play a huge role in this issue. I know some of you have tried without your mods and still get the issue, but I've yet to see a console player report here which is always a clear indication that it's not mods. Don't shoot or yell at me for this. This thread is in bugs which means the Devs are aware of it. This is my PERSONAL opinion and doesn't change anything about the fact if it's being looked into or not. 

Symptoms seen for this

• The game doesn't save. When reloading the game, it's in the exact state it was before playing on the last session
  • The game only saves part. Some progress is reset. This includes skill progress, XP progress for Occult, building changes and other things
  • When loading into another lot, the time reverts to when you first loaded the game.
  • Werewolves (and probably other occult) loose all their points and even corrupt more. (there is currently a dedicated thread for this here)
  • Sims age up and then when reloading age down again.

Things to try

• Remove ALL your mods/cc completely from the game (this includes files put in the saves folder by the mod)
  • Remove any cc clothing you have downloaded past patch 1.90
  • Delete the localthumbcache file
  • If you had point resetting and other things besides the time reverts and saved your game, you will need to load a backup or they will still be gone. Removing mods does nor revert lost progress.
  • Keep backups and do not play any saves you wish your mod settings to retain until the problem is solved.

If anyone here has NEVER used any mod or has a clean Saves Folder (just saves, no extra folders from mods) please send me your save game.

If you are on console and see this, please post here and tag me.

No longer looking into this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 673 (41,577 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm playing on normal lifespan age settings. I haven't tried another backup but when I look at past saves all of the ones I made after the initial save I keep reverting back to, the teen turns into a child in CAS again. I hope this can be fixed. This is my fifteenth generation. Frown

Message 3 of 673 (41,573 Views)

Hero
@emiqueeniearrow Would be good if you could check if it happens again on a save from before it first happened. Seems something corrupted when you saved.

At which point did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 673 (41,558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Before the last big update cause I knew they wouldn’t work. I don’t plan on putting them back on. 

Message 5 of 673 (41,555 Views)

Hero
@emiqueeniearrow If you can get it to happen reproducible, please send me your saves. Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 673 (41,543 Views)

Why does Sims 4 time and day keep randomly changing

★★★ Newbie

Hello! Almost every time I save and exit the game in Sims 4 the day and time is completely different when I return to it. This also happens a lot when I go to the CAS screen to plan out outfits and then return to the playing screen. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this? Thanks!

Message 7 of 673 (41,465 Views)

Re: game day/time resets back after every load transition

Hero

HI @TAYTAY444555 

I do see issues with the time but mine is going forward while in CAS (as reported by someone else here)

Could you try a new save on a fresh folder to see if you have this there too

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 673 (42,479 Views)

Re: Why does Sims 4 time and day keep randomly changing

Hero
@dancingdays72777 Does it only go forward or also backwards ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 673 (28,032 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help