Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress l

by J4CK3V

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress l

★ Apprentice
@Shareliara Yes it could happen again. I appreciate your response and I just hope it solves it and maybe helps others as well. I never seen such a bug filled pack before in all the sims.
Message 401 of 673 (1,188 Views)

★ Guide

Not getting any response from Maxis during the weekend was fine, but the radio silence now is unacceptable. I also get a strong feeling that Maxis really wanted this to be a mod issue because if they've messed up the core game, that could prove very hard to fix.

So far, I've bought every pack, but it looks as if I might have to stop doing that because, at this point, all the 'game' is good for is building.

Message 402 of 673 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Still nothing ? Sim Guru Nick replied to a different bug thread with nowhere near as many replies as this one. why are we being ignored, I wish they would keep us updated. 

Message 403 of 673 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@andyvkey @J4CK3V I completely agree. I don't think anyone is (realistically) expecting them to turn around with a total fix right away, but some form of acknowledgement to say 'yeah, we know about this problem and are actively investigating it and will update players when we can' would be appreciated...and, in my opinion, pretty essential given how severe this bug is. 

Message 404 of 673 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yesterday the title of this said [MOD ISSUE] but now it says [CURRENT ISSUE] >_>

Message 405 of 673 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@imsoemokthx I noticed the change as well.
Message 406 of 673 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

They don't care. On the outside, they blame it on the mods because wow, such easy scapegoats, But on the inside, non-mod game users and console players are all saying otherwise. They would rather not enter the fire that is this thread because they would have to own up to being bad at their jobs. This will be the second week that I've been unable to play the sims since HSY and almost 50 pages and you're surprised with their silence? 2022 has been their year....

Message 407 of 673 (1,320 Views)

Re: CAS messes with save files?

★★ Apprentice

Mine's just gotten even worse. I went into CAS when my sim's toddler aged up and he was now a baby. Went back to my household and somehow the entire house is gone now. The house wasn't built during this play session, it was built a few play sessions again. This bug is totally ruining the game.

Message 408 of 673 (1,273 Views)

Re: CAS messes with save files?

★ Guide

I would not refer to TS4 as a game at this point. How is it a game if you can't make progress? I mean, TS4 has always pretended to be a simulator, which I would argue is gaslighting, but at least it was a game. For those of us with this bug, it's now essentially a building and styling tool.

Message 409 of 673 (1,257 Views)

★ Guide

Right, some type of acknowledgement to let us know they are looking for a solution. I disabled the high school pack and was able to play. I didn't get the save error, but the game did crash a few times. My exception file was blank though. I am thinking I need a whole new save instead of trying with the one I created a couple of days ago.

Message 410 of 673 (1,118 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help