Re: CAS messes with save files?

by JeromyCraig

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@paradiseplanet27 #251 reply is a person on Xbox and they are having the same issue.
Message 251 of 673 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi I play on pc mostly but also Xbox, so i did some testing my self seeing what combinations of mods seem to cause this or platforms, so what i have come up with is that for PC: the bug goes away when i'm playing offline, or seems to MAYBE be something around deaderpool MCCC and i have gone through my whole mods file and added and tested every mod since this bug started and still have the bug mods or no mods on pc, FOR XB1 X it has the same cas bug where it resets to the previous save point before the high school update so no progress after is saved when you go to cas or manage worlds or quit like groundhog day, FOR XBOX SERIES X it has the same issues for XB1 X, thats my conclusion with my limited tech skills and testing skills. EDIT DID MORE XBOX TESTING if i start a new save after the high school update the default save point is where you move your new house hold into a new lot then start to play anything other that moving to what was already on that lot doesnt save. THIS COULD BE A MOD ISSUE BUT ALSO WITH THE SAVE ISSUE IN A GAME THAT SUPPORTS AND WANTS MODDING PLEASE DONT JUST GO TO BLAMING MODS IT ALSO SEEMS LIEKE A TYPICAL EA PUBLISHED GAME ISSUES BUG FILLED EVERY TIME THEY TOUCH IT AS SOON AS YOU BUY SOMETHING YOU ARE TURNED INTO A BETA TESTER FOR THEM PLEASE DO RELEASES THAT ARE FUN AND PLAYABLE GREAT GAME AND RECENT DLC PACK BUT CAN WE JUST PLEASE PLAY IT 

Message 252 of 673 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Solaire Please don't mark it as Fixed, is not a mod issue, there are several console players having the same issues. It's true that mods may make this issues more evident, but they're not the source of the bugs. What modders are doing with their fixes is workaround a game problem, and that's not fair, nor is blaming mods for these game bugs.

Message 253 of 673 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hasn't it been said enough how this bug is affecting games where mods AREN'T being used?

Message 254 of 673 (2,209 Views)

When loading save game goes back

★ Novice

i save my game before managing worlds then when I go back to my save game the game didn’t save and it isn’t where I left off. This is not me getting off the game at all, I’m playing 100 baby challenge so I move the sims out and go back to the save it’s not saved where I left it beforehand. I always click the “save and go to manage worlds” before leaving my lot. 

Message 255 of 673 (2,101 Views)

★ Apprentice
@x6xny03frn21 Because as soon as EA knows one person out there with mods experienced an issue that's good enough for them to say "IT'S THE MODS, LOL" and stop paying attention.
Message 256 of 673 (2,030 Views)

The sims

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The new west one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix it?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I save my game my sim child is a toddler but when I edit in cas and leave cas she’s either a baby again or my sim is pregnant with that baby and back to a week before in 2nd trimester. It seems the game is saving any files just going back from previous save files.
What do you expect to see? It to be fixed?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed all and repaired the game and it’s still doing it

Hello,

I am having some problems. So when I play my sims household, my female sim is pregnant and she has her child. I then save it. Then continue playing. After playing a while the baby is a toddler I’ll save the game and then edit the tot in cas, once I leave cas my game goes back to either my sims pregnant again loosing a whole sim week…. After me doing multiple saves… I am quite confused why this is happening. Anyone else’s doing this? 

Message 257 of 673 (1,542 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone seeing this issue with saves that never had mods installed, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions on how to share saves are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 258 of 673 (1,969 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xriprizzle I do not have MCCC and had this issue until recently.
Message 259 of 673 (1,902 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can't find my comment, but I am having a similar issue with my saves as well. Took out all mods from my save, cleared cache, issue stays, I am on PC with the latest patch. So regardless I have to start a new save and hope it works this time. Idk why it keeps putting me at Thursday in-game at the same time in the morning every time I save, regardless of when I last saved in the game AND the save itself.

Message 260 of 673 (2,277 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help