Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress l

by MR_TURBODRIVER

Original Post

Re: Nothing saves

★ Guide
@imaginarymorgan This sounds like the issue that exists relating to lost activity when you go through a loading screen as reported here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-doesn-t-save-Time-reset-on-transition-Part/...
Message 231 of 673 (1,672 Views)

Re: sim day resetting randomly

★★★★★ Novice

Well, I'm not going to day anything.. but I will, I sent the email to Turbo and now there is a new update. Let see how this goes. 

Message 232 of 673 (1,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am happy to report, whether or not it was the issue, the new Adult Mod update appears to be working. My house progress, relationship progress, and preferences on the mod itself are all saving. I've closed out and saved x3 so far to test it. 

Message 233 of 673 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Sansabirdanne I'm extremely hopeful because I refuse to play without Adult Mod. I'm apprehensive though because after starting a brand new save file yesterday with only Adult Mod installed I was able to play almost 8 hrs with no problems until the bug showed up again.
I'm at work right now but I'll be testing it as soon as I get home. Please let us know if you continue to be successful!

Message 234 of 673 (3,349 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sansabirdanne Awesome! Testing this right now, hopefully my storyline can finally progress
Message 235 of 673 (3,348 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MeadowBroke I am right there with you. I really hope this sticks.
Message 236 of 673 (3,333 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@KingmiamiKdn Hope it works for you! Luck! I had to go pick up my kid at school, otherwise I would have tested it 40 or times. 😹
Message 237 of 673 (3,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So after going insane for a few days testing this, the workaround for me (so far) appears to be: DO NOT EXIT GAME IMMEDIATELY ON A SAVE.

Instead, Save -> then go to Main Menu -> then Exit.

In short, if you Exit from anywhere other than the Main Menu, the game will reset your save back a few hours, causing a chunk of progress to be lost. I also had the ancillary "bonus" of my celebrity and occult perks disappearing when exiting directly from a save, which sucked big time.

I am also running the latest version of Adult Mod on turbodriver's Patreon page. Whether I removed adult mod or not didn't seem to make a difference. 

I'll keep playing around with this throughout the week and will update if this sticks or not. But so far, it works.

Message 238 of 673 (3,278 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress l

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey again! I investigated this issue and have learned a few things. I was unable to identify what is the exact source of the problem, but I managed to figure out a consistent way to test this problem. This allowed me to slowly narrow it down through guessing. I have learned that this issue stems from changes to how the Sims outfit/genetic data is processed. That's where mods enter the problem, as if mods alter genetic/outfit data that cannot be properly parsed/read/processed, the save breaks. Whatever changes have been made (most likely related to newly added growing parts) are intended and work as expected on their own, but mods aren't able to handle it yet due to lack of information on what exactly is happening. This is the simplified explanation, as my testing shows that it depends on a few more things if the save breaks or gets properly processed, so I'm unable to pinpoint the exact source of it.

And I'm sorry to mention it here, but if you're a user of PROHIBITED MOD, please update it, there have been some changes done in the newest update that should help with this issue.

CM EDIT: Do not mention 18+ Mods. 

Message 239 of 673 (12,141 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MR_TURBODRIVER Woah! Didn't expect to see you here. Thanks for everything, and although I'm cautious, the patch works well so far.
Message 240 of 673 (3,046 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help