Re: Game not saving

by brigitta1710

Original Post

Re: CAS messes with save files?

★ Apprentice

"I personally have to say that I still think mods play a huge role in this issue."

And you would be completely right. This is a thing. After removing the mod, the issue was gone and I could save as normal. I recommend anyone else having a problem like this to contact TURBODRIVER and make him aware of this problem. Until then, you'll either have to stop playing the game or deal with the bug. It seems to affect both 170g and 170i.

Message 111 of 673 (1,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@KingmiamiKdn I'm talking about the adult mod. Ugh, stupid censorship.

Message 112 of 673 (1,469 Views)

Game not saving properly after July 26 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have seen other people have this issue but not quite the same as mine. This has been happening with all of the saves I’ve played after the newest patch. I usually save my game once and then click save and exit. But when I open my save again, it’s sometimes several hours back from when I last saved. Not at the point of another previous save, just a random time in between the two saves. Most of the time whatever skills gained, relationship progress, etc. is still saved, but sometimes not. To give examples, one of my sims had just gotten a boyfriend, and that’s around when I saved. When coming back to that game, the entire relationship with that sim was gone, as if it had never happened. But, my sim still had a moodlet about getting a boyfriend. In another instance, I saved my game at around 7pm. But when I opened it again it was around 3:20pm on the same day. One of my sims was supposed to be at work until 5, but they weren’t at work and there was no way for me to make them go to work. As for mods, I have Adult Mod, MCCC (both up to date), and some CC. I used to have Adult Mod but I just deleted it today because of a needs glitch. I also do not have the High School Years pack

Message 113 of 673 (1,358 Views)

Re: My sims 4 hours will reset the default hours

★ Apprentice

Yup, turns out it was . I did a couple hours of testing, spent one day without it in, saved, it worked. Put it back in, saved, * went all whacky. Took it back out, saved, it worked.

Message 114 of 673 (1,426 Views)

Re: Game not saving properly after July 26 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Note: I actually just noticed that the one save where my sim didn’t go to work actually went back two days, not a few hours. It was a Tuesday, but now it’s a Sunday. But for some reason, my teen sim is still an A student, even though she was a C student on that Sunday. I distinctly remember saving multiple times between Sunday and Tuesday. This is very weird. 

Message 115 of 673 (1,352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Im playing with version 172.8 and having the issue. I have also seen multiple complaints and questions about this issue on facebook groups from console players (who obviously cant play with mods) and I tested by taking the mod out of my folder and still had the problem. Yes, I deleted all cache including localthumecache. This is very frustrating. Did you have to remove any other combination of mods as well? Are you playing with the new high school years back? I bought the new high school pack and the chaos started after I downloaded it. 

Message 116 of 673 (1,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Funnily enough, I took out that mod, and was playing, and everything was fine for a while until it happened again, so I'm inclined to believe that it's something within the game itself

Message 117 of 673 (1,517 Views)

★ Guide
@n3tnvqo14j4y Same for me. After making a fresh folder It worked fine with the mod, but after a while the problem happened again.
Message 118 of 673 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish this issue wasn't happening on one of those weeks where I play the Sims nonstop -__- I guess I have to stop playing until EA fixes whatever is going on. I hope this gets some attention so they can fix it in whatever patch they come out with in a week to fix the aging/celebrity stuff. I was excited for high school years but I'm honestly on the fence about buying anything else from EA at this point.

Message 119 of 673 (1,514 Views)

Hero
@33Rapture Could you describe the symptoms you're seeing ?

If you have it on a modless save (one that was never touched by a mod), would you mind save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 120 of 673 (1,470 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help