by brigitta1710

Original Post

Re: save doesn't work

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ItsOnlyBecky I'm having both of these issues too ://
Message 101 of 673 (1,696 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game day/time resets back after every load transition

★ Guide

Yes, it is related to the main aging issue. I set the lifespan to normal and now, whenever I relaunch the game after save and exit, it will resume at the exact same point as my last save.

FYI, I decided to use MCCC Set Age Span Duration to extend the number of days for each age range while playing normal lifespan. I did not do much testing, but it seems to work. 

Message 102 of 673 (1,682 Views)

★ Guide

Just discovered that I also have this issue today. With the aging issues and now saving issues... don't feel like it's worth playing until it's fixed.

Message 103 of 673 (1,674 Views)

Re: sims return home from work after i travel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It's the "time travel" bug (as I'm calling it) that I can't seem to find any information on. When you enter cas or use a save & exit option the game will time travel back to the past. I've noticed it from time to time when leaving the lot to visit a different lot as well as using CAS and doing a save & exit. Here's a great example:

Start a NEW GAME on normal lifespan, which brings you to Sunday morning at 8am (like every game does)

Play through a day or two, or even a week if you'd like, then either enter CAS or use Save & Exit.

Return to the game, either by exiting CAS or loading the new game and you will see that the day and time has changed.

For me, I often times end up back on Sunday, but at midnight instead of 8am. Fun thing about this GAME BREAKING BUG (please pay attention to this EA) is that if you have more than 1 sim in the household you will see that all other sims have been restored back to their previous status. Example: Skills, Relationships, Aging, Job Performance, and others will be reset back to where they were originally. There will, however, be 1 of the sims who will keep everything they did. This is a way to gain tons of skills on a sim without the time advancing. The downside to this is that their age gains stay as well, so they will eventually age and die.

At any rate, this is probably what is happening in your game. Pay attention to the day/time when you travel, edit CAS or save & exit. I am attempting to get a refund on this broken game, but I assume EA will ban me from their forums again soon.

EDIT: I failed to mention that you will also lose any building changes you made. Pretty much ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you did is reset and you have to play all that time again. The game is BROKEN!

Message 104 of 673 (1,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I wanted to post an update. After reading the thread I saw that an adult mod may be causing the issue. I removed the mod and also deleted the folder that gets created in the save file. Be sure to do this otherwise it does not fix it! You need to delete the main folder and the Adult Mod folder in the save file. I hope this helps! 

Message 105 of 673 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm having this issue as well. No matter what I'm returned to Sunday. I even started a new save to test and it started on a Sunday. I can't have any babies because it sets sims back to pregnant at next load in and says the babies they had aren't theirs. Mccc won't give them as an option as parents so I can't set them as their parents like that either. Its the same with mods or without. All mods in use now are updated, any mod not verified as updated was removed.
Message 106 of 673 (1,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add that I don't think Adult Mod is to blame because console players are having this issue too and they can't use Adult Mod.

Message 107 of 673 (1,786 Views)

★★ Novice

I also having this issue as well...

Message 108 of 673 (1,764 Views)

★ Guide

I've played the game without any problems after refreshing my folder, but now the problem is back. 

Message 109 of 673 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

By now I can confirm that the "adult mod" isnt causing the issue... As I stated in my last post, I am currently playing with HSY deactivated via command line in Origin... My current Sim had some fun with that mod, next morning I once again saved,using a new save file, then went into CAS, changed one Sims appearance, returned to the lot, and the time is exactly where (or better: WHEN) it has to be!

Message 110 of 673 (1,726 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help