Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

by Cozapalmtree

Original Post

Missing buttons in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am not sure if this is related, but I think that in my game the update messed up CAS somehow. I tried disabling mods and repairing the game several times as well as restarting my PC, but CAS has not worked since the update. This also affects the "new game" you start out in CAS when you click it. In case it could help I'll list the things wrong.

1. There is no exit or cancel button and the ... button in the top right corner does not work, so there's no way to leave CAS

2. There is no name or personality menu, the whole left side is empty

3. I can't change anything on the sims that requires a menu, like hair, clothes, or presets

Since I do have mods and cc installed in my game that could be something that causes the bug, but I am not sure since, again, I did disable mods and cc in-game.

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 9 (1,479 Views)

★★ Novice

Just updated my game for the pronouns update, but I didn't even get far enough to see if they work or not. I tried to go into CAS to update my sim's wardrobe and got this curious problem. Clicking on the clothes/features doesn't do anything. I can adjust body proportions, although I can't get to the sliders. I can't get out of CAS or save, though, and I can't get the save menu to even show up (because CAS mode), so I have to go into my Task Manager to force the game to shut down. This happened with trying to edit existing sims or create new ones.

Message 2 of 9 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Calenlass Have you got mods in your game? If so, try turning them off and see if they have been updated
Message 3 of 9 (1,181 Views)

Re: Missing buttons in CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Luc0o @Calenlass 

I moved your post over to game issues for troubleshooting as it isn't about a pronoun text issue. Both issues you're reporting sounds the same though.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Calenlass 

Hello! You seem to have pretty much the exact same problem as me. I have slightly solved the problem by removing my mods folder completely, so there seems to be a mod that's causing the problem. I don't know which one, I am currently trying to figure that out, but if you really want to play your game and won't mind losing your mods and CC for a while I recommend that you move your mods temporarily (that is if you want to try and fix the problem while also keeping your mods). 

Message 5 of 9 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you figure out what mods seem to be causing the problem please update the thread, I'm having the same issue and I'm not sure what is causing it Frown

Message 6 of 9 (1,074 Views)

Hero

@Numester 

Are you using any slider mods?  There have been several other posts in various threads that are similar to yours.  It seems that the problem in those was solved by removing the slider mods. 

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 9 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I am! I'm attempting to find all of them, but so far it's a bust.

I'll get back to you if I get it working when removing my sliders.

Message 8 of 9 (1,001 Views)

Re: Missing buttons in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Luc0oSo as a console player I’m assuming my problem is probably for a very different reason. My whole personality menu and cas item menus broke I had no access to it at all, even after exiting game and save. I did end up being able to fix after a day 😭 by clicking the tutorial button I guess it refreshed it because the buttons were completely missing and then they came back so I hope this helps.

Message 9 of 9 (389 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help