[MOD RELATED] Werewolf text not showing up on aspiration, other pack errors

by BubbleQueeeen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Werewolf text not showing up on aspiration, other pack errors

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there, I'm having issues with the new werewolf pack.

I'm able to make werewolves and control them in game, but the text relating to anything to do with the Werewolf aspiration is completely blank. The aspiration seems to be functional - it will check off when completed - there's just no text. 

I also found that the Townie Lot in Moonwood Mill is named PremadeHouseholdTemplate-WolfTown_Volkov. 

I've tried the following things to fix it and the issue persists: 

• removed all of my mods and CC
  • repaired my game
  • cleaned my folders by moving my Sims 4 folder from the EA folder and allowing the game to create a brand new file
  • uninstalled and reinstalled the game pack

I've attached some screenshots of the issue. Thanks for any help! 

Isabel 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 73 (4,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Werewolves Pack in-game items (CAS/Build/Buy) not showing descriptions.

★ Apprentice

I had Better Build Buy installed before this all happened and this was the cause of GP12 folder in Delta. https://www.patreon.com/posts/better-buildbuy-67868500 here is all explanation, hope that helps! 

View in thread

Message 39 of 73 (5,605 Views)

All Replies

Werewolves Pack in-game items (CAS/Build/Buy) not showing descriptions.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs; All Game Packs except Journey to Batuu; All Stuff Packs; All Kits except Decor to the Max, Moonlight Chic and Little Campers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When entering Build Mode, after installing the Werewolves Game Pack, I noticed all the new Build/Buy items all had **DEBUG** in place of their names and descriptions. (picture attached) Entering CAS, the new Aspiration has no description. (picture attached) This does not appear to have affected any of the other packs/kits.
What happens when the bug occurs? No lastexception is generated, and nothing game breaking, as far as I can tell - the pack items are just missing their descriptions.
What do you expect to see? Descriptions in place of the **DEBUG** placeholders/missing descriptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing the Werewolves Game Pack/ Patch 1.89.214.1030

. Descriptions for the Werewolves pack do not appear on the Aspiration in CAS, and appear as **DEBUG** in the Build/Buy catalogue and do not appear properly after all the attempts to fix the issue listed below:

- Have attempted loading the game without mods.
- Deleted localthumbcache.package and avatarcache.package.
- Deleted Resource.cfg from the Mods folder.
- Repaired the game through Origin.
- Tried Rolling Back my current save file.
- Tried running a Save As version of my current save file.
- Tried loading a new save.
- Cleared Origin cache.
- Attempted a Sims 4 Folder Refresh.

Message 2 of 73 (4,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@holodeckx87

@BubbleQueeeen 

I merged your post with the main thread on this. Could you please try all the suggestions in the first post.

Sine a repair didn't work, try changing language and back if you can.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 73 (4,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey! I'm having the same issue as @BubbleQueeeen

I've tried everything, removing all mods and CC, repairing the game, deleting localthumbcache.package and avatarcache.package, changing the language and nothing is working for me. 

Message 4 of 73 (4,423 Views)

Hero
@xoGerardine What language are you playing in ?
Are you using EA App or Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (4,414 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have my game in Polish and I'm using Origin. 

Message 6 of 73 (4,411 Views)

Hero
@xoGerardine Could you check this folder: c:\programs(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\GP12 if you have a file looking like Strings_xxx_xx.package (the path may where depending on where you have the game installed).

Not exactly sure what XXX and XX would be for polish

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 73 (4,399 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep, I have a file Strings_POL_PL.package in this folder

Message 8 of 73 (4,392 Views)

Hero
@xoGerardine That is interesting. Could you move it to the desktop and then repair the game again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 73 (4,379 Views)

Werewolves interaction text missing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs apart from Batuu, all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just run the game normally and it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? All interactions with the Werewolves pack appear blank, no text. The bubbles are there though.
What do you expect to see? All the interaction writing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the Werewolves pack and corresponding patch updates.

Anything written to do with the werewolves pack just doesn't appear, all the interactions work but I don't know what I'm selecting.

Message 10 of 73 (4,632 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help