[MOD RELATED] Sims disappeared from household/Blue flashing square on map

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Save file deletes all households after reloading

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MakThePrince I do believe the issue is caused by a mod (but I've found folks that haven't been using that certain adult mod and still have issues). I'm currently unsure which one it is (could be multiple too)

I believe what happens is that the game culls the Sims but leaves the households. Why that happens is anyone's guess. I'm not sure if it's because of removing the mod or just the mere fact that something is loaded with a version.

The issue is old but in the past, removing the mod was enough to fix the issue. Now it doesn't seem to be the case.

Do you have ANY backups that are still intact ?

It would be great to have a list of the mods you are using (please no links or naming of adult mods) as well as your savegame and any backups (borked or not) of it that you still have.

You can PM me the info.

EDIT: I made a new info request thread and moved yours into this one.

EDIT EDIT

Merged a few threads @planetaery  @Chumpelet  for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 236 (1,910 Views)

Re: Error code

Hero
@xosimplygrace I split your post from the Patch notes.

Could you tell me what error code you're getting in detail ? Are you using mods/CC in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 236 (1,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinricterror code 102:e0boddcd:cad16618 and no, i dont use mods/cc, it says to restart or repair the game, which i have done twice previously to this.

Message 23 of 236 (1,938 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 236 (1,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i cant even access any of that. i get the error code asking to relaunch the game

Message 25 of 236 (1,917 Views)

Hero

Just go to the documents folder on your hard drive, zip the entire folder and upload. That would work. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 236 (1,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i can go into the game, create a sim, try to place them on a loy but as soon as it finishes the load screen it gives me the error code, then, when i click on my households, it loads then gives me the error code, then blue glitching squares appear in the sims thing above houses. i dont have any mods in my folder atm so its not a mod issue, ea live chat told me it was the base game error, i just want to know if there is something i can do or when i can expect a fix/ patch update to be places so i can play my game..
Message 27 of 236 (1,889 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict how do i zip it? i usually dont do this my boyfriend does
Message 28 of 236 (1,884 Views)

Hero
@xosimplygrace Are we talking about this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flas... ?

Have you never used mods/cc ? Aka, never put anything in your mods folder ? Is that empty ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 236 (1,878 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict yes that one. but, i took my mod folder out before the update, havent put it back in yet and this is happening
Message 30 of 236 (1,874 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help