[MOD RELATED] Icons are blank squares/ UI Glitching

by 6f0ua9xw19p7

Original Post

in game bug

★★★ Newbie

having this issue where i only see white boxes instead of the normal icons. just started today. any ideas on how to fix?

Message 81 of 403 (5,384 Views)

Re: in game bug

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bbox9010 Do you have Mods/CC? If so you could check if they have updates or known issues. If not, you could try a game repair.

Testing/troubleshooting your Mods/CC:

Spoiler
Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.

Repairing your game:

Spoiler
• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
• Let it run until it has completed all repairs. It will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and Kits).

List of Mods/CC with current known issues:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000307/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-14-2022-werewolves-p...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 82 of 403 (5,537 Views)

Re: The bottom of my sims UI is broken

★★★ Newbie

I just updated today and have the same problem. I also have MCCC and many mods and CC; I disabled these, then restarted my game.
Good and bad news - good; once these were disabled, the bar at the bottom was showing as normal, bad; I think I now need to go through and update all my mods!! 

Message 83 of 403 (5,688 Views)

sims 4 cc making time speed and sims needs disappear

★★★ Newbie

When I'm playing my game the sims phone, calendar, time speed, needs ect (everything at the bottom of the screen) I cant see because they are just white squares and its really hard to play because i cant see their need levels and have to go off of moodlets. I tried resetting the game and nothing worked but the only thing that did work was turning off my cc but the problem is i dont want all my cc gone and i dont know which one is causing it. can anyone help?

Message 84 of 403 (5,715 Views)

Re: sims 4 cc making time speed and sims needs disappear

Hey @Chlo3_rs,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 85 of 403 (5,682 Views)

Re: sims 4 cc making time speed and sims needs disappear

Hero
@Chlo3_rs Please updated your mods.

Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 403 (5,670 Views)

Not Able To See Werewolf/Sims Needs Tab.( Glitched But Able to Use)

★★ Novice

Hey so Ny game pretty much works perfectly fine except that I can’t see the werewolf Occult /Needs Tab. It’s all Glitcheed out along with the Play,Pause and Speed Up Button , And the Calendar. They work , but I wanna see what perks and stuff. I updated my mods and I believe everything is up to date at least my biggest mods.  Anyone else have this issue?? 

Message 87 of 403 (5,688 Views)

Re: Not Able To See Werewolf/Sims Needs Tab.( Glitched But Able to Use)

Champion (Retired)

@Tyche_Lotus 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 88 of 403 (5,641 Views)

The sims controls are white boxes

★★★ Newbie

So a couple days ago I got the new werewolf pack and since then my controls have looked like this and I'm not sure what to do or were to go. has this haven't anyone else and how can I fix it?

Message 89 of 403 (5,472 Views)

Re: The sims controls are white boxes

★★★ Newbie

Oh ya this too

Message 90 of 403 (5,470 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help