[MOD RELATED] Icons are blank squares/ UI Glitching

by 6f0ua9xw19p7

Original Post

Icons and Calendar Issue

★ Novice

I have an issue with the icons and calendar. Most of my icons are in the wrong place, cut up, or just glitched.

Another issue is with the Calendar. Everything is bunched up and I cannot add an event or a Holiday

Also yes I have mods

Message 261 of 403 (1,452 Views)

Re: Icons and Calendar Issue

@ThelreaMeet3298  Please remove all your mods, as in, move the entire Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.  If that helps, you can start adding back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the problem comes back.  If and when it does, you'll know that the cause is something in the last batch you added, and you'll need to split and retest until you've found the culprit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 262 of 403 (1,431 Views)

sims 4 build mode icons distorted since last update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

HI there, since ea last update, sims 4 build mode icons are distorted and I can not see all of them. I have already removed mod content, reset my game and still have the same issue.

can someone help me please?

Many thanks in advance.

Message 263 of 403 (1,479 Views)

Re: sims 4 build mode icons distorted since last update

Champion

@rodrigcl Did you also delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder? If not, there could still be cache in the game causing the issue to remain. Please also try a game repair as follows:
• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
• Let it run until it has completed all repairs. It will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and Kits).

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 264 of 403 (1,486 Views)

Re: Icons and Calendar Issue

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Message 265 of 403 (1,483 Views)

Re: Why is my sims 4 task bar glitched out

★★★ Newbie

I removed the mods folder to my desktop, but I don't have a localthumbcache.package. What do I do? Is there anyway I can get it back?n

Message 266 of 403 (1,424 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@soysoysoy05 

You do but you may not see the .package extension.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 267 of 403 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@soysoysoy05 The Mods folder will regenerate automatically when you restart your game, if you have Mods enabled in the game, as will localthumbcache.package. The method for testing without Mods that I usually share, and where to locate the localthumbcache.package file, are in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler
Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 268 of 403 (1,415 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Icons are blank squares/ UI Glitching

★ Novice

I had the same problem, found out it was the dark mode mod that I needed to update but in general if you don’t have the dark mode mod you should still update all your mods you use to make sure it’s update, repair your game if you run in to any sort of problems hopefully this helps .

Message 269 of 403 (2,371 Views)

My title screen is missing the play buttons

★ Novice

I don't know what happened but the play, load and settings buttons are missing from the title screen when I load up Sims, I need help.  I am not good with technical problems within computers.IMG_0954.jpg

Message 270 of 403 (2,327 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help