Re: [MOD RELATED] Food Stall Sells Produce only

by Willonne

Original Post

Re: All the wedding vendor shows just sell fruit and veg

★ Apprentice

Thumbs up This solved it! I had a cc food stall in my game that totally broke the food stalls in Tartosa. Unfortunately to have to make a whole new save but at least it works now, thank you so much!! 

Message 21 of 44 (3,105 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I have tried the solutions suggested in this thread but it only fixes my problem temporarily. I have no mods related to food stalls in my game. I did the 50/50 method, seemed to find the culprit (no idea what it was), and when I eventually put ALL of my mods back into the game, it still worked. Then, literally 10 minutes later, it stopped working again in the same game session. I have absolutely no clue what is causing this, but it seems as soon as there are CC or mods in my game, the food stalls and cake shop in Tartosa etc. simply stop working. 

Message 22 of 44 (2,791 Views)

★ Novice

To anyone reading in the future:

Custom content stalls are indeed the issue. I actually had a mod that allowed you to tend food stands, which added custom interactions to EA food stands.

Upon removing this mod and starting a new save (I did not need to remove localthumbcache), the issue is gone.

Message 23 of 44 (2,563 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem of not being able to buy food from stalls only produce. I've tried everything to fix from removing mods, repairing the game, reverting the save file, etc. Nothing works. 

Message 24 of 44 (2,117 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@itsCumcast This seems to be the only thing working for me currently. Thanks
Message 25 of 44 (2,093 Views)

Only able to buy produce from stalls

★★★ Novice

On the pier in Copperdale I am only able to buy produce from the food vendors.  I have never downloaded a cc food stall and I have script mods turned off currently

Message 26 of 44 (1,444 Views)

Re: Only able to buy produce from stalls

Hero

HI @bascal 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 44 (1,414 Views)

Re: University Food Stall Sells Produce not Food Plates

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with the new High School pack. I've taken all the mods/CC out of the game. Did a factory reset and repaired the game. It's still only allowing me to buy produce at all venders (except boba tea). I cannot buy school lunch. I can only buy produce. I don't know if you can buy souvenirs at the sports festival or not, but I can only buy produce. Also at the ice cream stand, I can only buy produce. Now boba tea is another story. I can get that no problem. In fact, they produce so many of them, I don't even have to waste my money on them. I just grab one or two for free :-) 

Message 28 of 44 (1,989 Views)

Re: University Food Stall Sells Produce not Food Plates

★★ Novice

I also do not have any food stall mods nor have I ever had food stall mods in my game.

Message 29 of 44 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey, ciao.

I have been experiencing this problem for a long time, but now it has become really crippling for me because the cafeteria person at the high school only sells products (whereas at the university I never had this happen).

I started playing with it today, and I remember well that at least during the first day of high school, the cafeteria woman sold everything. Then from the second day, it got buggy.

Personally, I don't have CC food stalls, but I do have various CCs to use in build mods to decorate the kitchen, for example (such as fruits and vegetables that never get stale), and full wine glasses (which can get stale instead).

And then I have Kawaiistacie's Explore Mod which also involves installing several packages containing various edible items for the Sims (like candy and chewing gum).

I have nothing else that can be related to food or food stalls.

EDIT: I just noticed that among the products offered for sale by the woman in the school cafeteria are cigarettes from Basemental Mod.

Could this mod cause this bug?

EDIT2: after a long search I found a Kawaiistacie mod that I had forgotten I had installed, namely Playable NPC Jobs - KAWAIISTACIE, which allows you to start a career as a vendor in food stalls.

The file package that was causing the bug was definitely this "KS - Playable Market Vendor Job," but I am personally removing the others as well:

KS - NPC Job Overrides
KS - Playable Dj Headliner Job
KS - Playable Maid Job
KS - Playable Nanny Job
KS - Traits Bundle#1

Message 30 of 44 (2,100 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help