Re: I can't change my sim's hair and skin color in CAS

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Can't change colours of clothes/hair/anything on CAS

★★★ Newbie

Playing Sims 4 on Mac. Can't change the colours of hair/clothes/anything on create a sim, both CC and regular Sims items. The colour boxes for hair have a coloured outline but are white on the inside. As for clothes, no colour options show up. Please help bro 

Message 91 of 272 (19,048 Views)

Re: CAS Glitches

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue after High School Years was installed. This is what I'm dreading the most since I have so much CC. I don't want to go through it all Devil

Message 92 of 272 (19,015 Views)

Re: Create a Sim broken

★★ Novice

same Im so sad 

Message 93 of 272 (19,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi, if you have the mid where you get extra columns in your game make sure to get rid of it as it might be causing that. I just took mine off and my game ks back to normal!! 

Message 94 of 272 (19,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mod*

Message 95 of 272 (19,006 Views)

Re: Can't change colours of clothes/hair/anything on CAS

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem. I thought it was because of a cc i downloaded but i deleted the said cc and uninstalled it, still didn't change anything. I Uninstalled my whole game but its still the same. Odk what to do

Message 96 of 272 (19,021 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] Color options broken

★ Apprentice

Alright so i had the same problem and managed to find the mod that was causing it. It was the more CAS columns mod. So if you have that mod I suggest uninstalling it to see if it fixes your problem!

Message 97 of 272 (18,988 Views)

I can't change my sim's hair and skin color in CAS

★★★ Newbie

I can't change the hair and skin color of my sim, same with makeup and clothes. It was working the last time I played it but when I downloaded some CCs and opened the game it wouldn't work anymore. I tried getting rid of the new CCs I downloaded but it still didn't work. Please help!

Message 98 of 272 (20,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @6799g8nn0025 you need to find the broken cc or mod that created the problem remove it, & then repair your game.

There is also the sims 4 studio, which has batch fixes for many pack updates, and instructions on how to use it. Once you've installed S4S, it will go through all folders fixing both hairs and makeup, (different batch fixes) in surprisingly quick time. It fixes the sliders and so on, however, if you still experience problems, you'll still need to find the broken mod or cc. 

more info on culling >>

Spoiler
  • Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it
  • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,
  • Also the EA Forums do a regular post for broken mods / cc, & maintained by LuthienRising.

Spoiler

I'd recommend the 50/50 or cull method to find any broken mods

• Remove the mods from your folder to the desktop
      • Delete your localthumbcache file found in your TS4 folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4]
      • Repair game, by right-clicking the cog near 'play'
      • Run the game, to see if it runs ok, now without any mods/cc
      • note: use a vanilla / new game for this process, don't run your old one
      • Now, if all went well, try transferring one cc folder at a time.This helps narrow down which is broken.
      • Trying the game each time, you do the process.. to see if it loads & plays as expected, without issues 
      • Before starting your game each time, also delete the localthumbcache file  from the sims 4 folder

With each new patch, many mods are updated and will require checking up on them all..  More tips at my post here, here on maintaining your game, including more instructions on the 50/50 method.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

note: Since merged to this 'mega thread', after it was already 'accepted as a solution' by user 6799g8nn0025.

I have no connection to EA
Am an avid 'mega' mods user Cocktail
Message 99 of 272 (20,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Sashas0nic wrote:

Hi @6799g8nn0025 you need to find the broken cc or mod that created the problem remove it, & then repair your game.

There is also the sims 4 studio, which has batch fixes for many pack updates, and instructions on how to use it. Once you've installed S4S, it will go through all folders fixing both hairs and makeup, (different batch fixes) in surprisingly quick time. It fixes the sliders and so on, however, if you still experience problems, you'll still need to find the broken mod or cc. 

more info on culling >>

Spoiler
  • Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it
  • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,
  • Also the EA Forums do a regular post for broken mods / cc, & maintained by LuthienRising.

Spoiler

I'd recommend the 50/50 or cull method to find any broken mods

• Remove the mods from your folder to the desktop
      • Delete your localthumbcache file found in your TS4 folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4]
      • Repair game, by right-clicking the cog near 'play'
      • Run the game, to see if it runs ok, now without any mods/cc
      • note: use a vanilla / new game for this process, don't run your old one
      • Now, if all went well, try transferring one cc folder at a time.This helps narrow down which is broken.
      • Trying the game each time, you do the process.. to see if it loads & plays as expected, without issues 
      • Before starting your game each time, also delete the localthumbcache file  from the sims 4 folder

With each new patch, many mods are updated and will require checking up on them all..  More tips at my post here, here on maintaining your game, including more instructions on the 50/50 method.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

I have no connection to EA
Am an avid 'mega' mods user Cocktail

Thanks! It is working now

Message 100 of 272 (20,961 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help