Re: Doors vanished from lots, can't place new ones?

by SkittlezRawr69

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Smokesfourtwenty As it's a mod (two have been identified as being the culprit), it doesn't matter if the doors are EA content or not.

Did you try renaming your user folder and testing a new save as suggested on the page 5 ? If it works, put your save back (just the save) and try that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 487 (1,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

I took out basemental and I'm fine, I don't have WW, lol.

Message 62 of 487 (1,937 Views)

Can't Place Doors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

the sims 4 update said it didn't allow cc and I could enable it but it won't work right, so I guess I had this coming but I enabled it and now it got rid of all of the doors in my apartment and whenever I try to place a door it says "script call failed" but I found I can place the doorway that's open and I'm fine with that but in the apartment it got rid of the door on the outside and I can't place an open door cause it says I can't edit outside property so I can't live in apartments and its kind of a pain in the bum Sick so I was just wondering if there was a way I can get my doors back and place real doors without disabling my mods and cc. thanks Standard smile  update: its basmental I took it out and I'm fine 

Message 63 of 487 (1,977 Views)

★ Novice

Same I got rid of WW and everything else got wait till WW gets updated or EA fix it. 

Message 64 of 487 (1,960 Views)

Re: All my doors are missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I spent all day trying to find the broken mod causing the door thing and I found it was the <removed mod name> sorry if I’m not meant to say that for some reason but thought it’ll help

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, we're not allowed to name adult mods here

Message 65 of 487 (1,940 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for that it worked for me. But I'm going to have to wait for the creators of my Mods to update their work...which sucks but hopefully they'll figure it out soon. 

Message 66 of 487 (1,901 Views)

Hero
@SkittlezRawr69 One of the faulty ones has already been updated. Not sure about the other that seems to also cause it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 487 (1,900 Views)

★ Novice
  1. I've updated
Message 68 of 487 (1,895 Views)

Problem with June 18th patch

★★★ Novice

I updated my game after the new patch was released last night. So I go on to play today, only to discover a huge problem. My sim failed an audition for an acting gig. So I thought he did a terrible job at it. So I told him to go get a shower because his hygiene was getting low. But he kept refusing to do so because the path to the shower was blocked. So I started to check out why it was blocked. What I discovered was the door that was there yesterday for the bathroom was no longer there. So I checked my entire house and there is absolutely no doors anywhere including the front door. The only type of door way left in my house are archways. So my sim failed an audition because he is trapped inside his house and can't get out. So I went into build mode, and tried several times to put the same doors back in place on the house but I kept getting the message of script failed. So this update instead of fixing bugs with doors and adding color swatches to them has essentially removed the doors from being able to be used. Anyway this can be fixed asap?

Message 69 of 487 (1,890 Views)

Re: All my doors are missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, I followed the instructions, made a backup, got a fabric setting game, loaded in the saves - and it is still not working. Still I can't place doors. Also tried to repair, no effect. I have a gaming computer, so it's not an issue of old hardwear. Any other suggestions?

Sorry, I really looked forward to this update as I am mainly building, and I am getting pissed off.

Edit: Tried some things and suddenly works again, but don't ask me how...what an exhausting update. Thanks for the tipps and the time you invest to help other people^^.

Message 70 of 487 (1,893 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help