Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MOD RELATED] Age days amount not changing when changing life span

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Also except men's wear and bust the dust (and obvious high school years since it isn't out yet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a save and look at the calendar or age bar
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my game settings set to long lifespan, but the calendar and age bar are reflecting either a normal or short lifespan (not sure which since I've been playing on long for the last few years)
What do you expect to see? The age settings to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The high school years patch that happened today 7/26/22

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 102 (14,341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Aging Settings Broken

Hero

I'm going to mark this issue as solved as it's related to MCCC

Please head over to MCCC Discord/Page on updates on what to do. I personally don't use the mod and can't help you with it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 102 (13,211 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@jsophiak Have to say I did not check the calendar at but could your issue be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Long-Life-Span-Sims-have-days-added-on-entering-live-mode... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 102 (14,318 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe.... I didn't have any age up, but I didn't even play for one sim day because I was not about to have all my sims age up and/or die in a file that I've been playing in for over 4 years.

Message 3 of 102 (14,311 Views)

Hero
@jsophiak Going to leave this separate for now but it's def worth double checking if this is solved once they fixed the aging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 102 (14,301 Views)

Sims 4 Lifespan will not update after setting it to long or short

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I usually play on long lifespan because normal feels weirdly short. I went to check out the new update, but suddenly all sims in the save file I opened now have a normal-length lifespan (checked via updated MCCC). I went to see if my settings had changed, and they did not. I set it to short to try and figure out what was going on. It still didn't change. I had my sim drink a Potion of Youth, and it went from 13 days left to 24 days left, so that didn't fix it. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just having terrible luck with bugs again? (Edit: This might also be connected to the "sims randomly age up" bug for long lifespan as well, but that's just a hunch.)

Message 5 of 102 (13,943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do want to clarify, because I saw one of the game changers post a YouTube video about the aging issue, and mine seems to be different from what they stated (which was that the game added days to their lifespan forcing them to age up). Mine literally seemed to be using the number of days for either short or average lifespan instead of long even though my settings were set to long. How I know: the age bar said 9 days to aging up but was still near the center of my teen sim's age bar, but I know that prior to the patch her age bar had over 30 days left out of the 54 or so that are allotted to teens on long lifespan. It's not adding days so much as the system isn't recognizing the setting for long lifespan and is assigning a different lifespan setting.

Message 6 of 102 (14,288 Views)

Hero
@jsophiak OK. Thanks.

Maybe there's more going on. You don't have the aging jumping at all on long even when you go to CAS ?

I need to check some more stuff in the morning. Need to call it a night now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 102 (14,270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It might have jumped by a couple days since having 30-something days out of 54 would be about 1/3 of the age bar and 9 out of - I'm guessing - 14 is slightly over half. I didn't check age before entering CAS so I can't verify that that is what caused the difference.

I completely understand! Have a great night and thank you for all your help!

Message 8 of 102 (14,250 Views)

Update bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, discover university, island living, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get to work, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? menu--> game options -> gameplay --> sim lifespan: long
What happens when the bug occurs? Changing sim lifespan does not make lifespan longer. It says 'long', but lifespan is the same as normal
What do you expect to see? The lifespan change and make sims live longer, when entering the calendar their birthdays aren't as frequent as normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure

Message 9 of 102 (14,178 Views)

Re: Update bug

Hero
@AshVHD I merged your post with another that sounds like the same issue.

I wouldn't set it to long though as that is pretty broken atm.

I need to look into this further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 102 (14,102 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help