Re: Island living NPCs vendors in every location?

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Island living NPCs vendors in every location?

★★★★★ Expert

For Island Living owners, I wanted to know if even in your saves the vendors in the stands (in all locations, not just Sulani) are always those 3-4 NpCs from that expansion, specifically the 3 in the pictures, or if it's just happens in my game.

20220428_203932.png

20220428_204017.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (439 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

I think what might have happened for you is that the game just happened to pick those three for the vendors when it needed them since they don't have jobs.  I had it happen with Nalani and she was a stall vendor for a long time.  I had made her and the other mermaids immortal via MCCC so she would have been one forever as I play a long term save.  The problem I found with the mermaids being stall vendors is that I never saw her as a mermaid out of the world anywhere else, only as a stall vendor.  I did see the other mermaids.  But I was able to change that by moving them into a house and giving her a career then moving them back to Not In World and making them unplayed again.  After that, I began seeing her out in the world as both a mermaid and walk by.  The game made a new stall vendor NPC to take her place.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (370 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

Not me. I’m using MCCC tray import and most of my vendors come from my tray, though. (I do this to avoid the dreaded RNG Sims but have the percent set to under 100.) This means that in every save, Guillermo de la Cruz (from “What We Do in the Shadows”) is the wardrobe guy on the movie set. 🤣

That said, I often adopt Paka’a (my Sims tend to marry him), and the game seems to generate NPCs out of a pool of “not in world” Sims who aren’t otherwise assigned NPC roles (and seems to prefer the newest), and I suspect that the last batch of those we got were from Island Living. I HAVE seen Nalani in a vendor stall recently, but I’ve seen other vendors as well. I also saw Paka’a as a waiter recently.

I always seem to see Kalaimanu’u at the gym.

If you don’t use MCCC tray import, you might be able to get around this by placing new Sims of your choice into an empty lot and then evicting them (thereby turning them into new “not in world” Sims). 

Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo 

I think what might have happened for you is that the game just happened to pick those three for the vendors when it needed them since they don't have jobs.  I had it happen with Nalani and she was a stall vendor for a long time.  I had made her and the other mermaids immortal via MCCC so she would have been one forever as I play a long term save.  The problem I found with the mermaids being stall vendors is that I never saw her as a mermaid out of the world anywhere else, only as a stall vendor.  I did see the other mermaids.  But I was able to change that by moving them into a house and giving her a career then moving them back to Not In World and making them unplayed again.  After that, I began seeing her out in the world as both a mermaid and walk by.  The game made a new stall vendor NPC to take her place.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help