I can't complete Agnes' "Not so useless?" errand

by sneakydeekie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't complete Agnes' "Not so useless?" errand

★★★★★ Novice

I have now planted, grown and harvested 5 different pumpkins and yet it still shows the "Harvest a Homegrown Pumpkin" task as incomplete. They have been of varying sizes and quality, including a perfect oversized pumpkin.

Is there anything I can do to complete this? I have every other task completed and yet this one is insisting that I haven't done it yet!!

Message 1 of 15 (6,949 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't complete Agnes' "Not so useless?" errand

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, it just suddenly worked for no discernible reason!

I left the game overnight and decided to try to use one of my prize-winning pumpkins in a recipe as suggested which didn't work. But then, my 6th batch of pumpkins since starting this errand were ready and, upon harvesting them, it suddenly registered as complete!

So I sadly have no idea how it might help anyone else with this problem, but it did work after 6 batches so... yay?

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (6,815 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Keep me updated when you find out I’m having the same problem! 

Message 2 of 15 (6,897 Views)

★ Guide
@sneakydeekie Is there an option when you click on Agnes to give her one of the harvested pumpkins? I had that come up when she asked me to grow and harvest lettuce and that was the only way it registered as complete and I wonder if it is the same task but just a different crop.
Message 3 of 15 (6,860 Views)

Champion

@sneakydeekie Did you take part in a contest at the Finchwick fair on Saturday's. There should be a fair with a contest. Go there to win a price for your pumpkin. Then take it home and use it in a recipe. 

I hope that will enable you to complete that task. I haven't gotten there yet but it seems an obvious route. Let me know if it helps.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 15 (6,837 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, it just suddenly worked for no discernible reason!

I left the game overnight and decided to try to use one of my prize-winning pumpkins in a recipe as suggested which didn't work. But then, my 6th batch of pumpkins since starting this errand were ready and, upon harvesting them, it suddenly registered as complete!

So I sadly have no idea how it might help anyone else with this problem, but it did work after 6 batches so... yay?

Message 5 of 15 (6,816 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Keijra I did check for that, but there was no option for that until it actually registered that I had harvested pumpkins.
Message 6 of 15 (6,813 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Trismagistos Sadly it did not. But it did eventually accept my 6th harvest!
Message 7 of 15 (6,812 Views)

Champion
@sneakydeekie Also have this problem pumpkin after pumpkin...pumping out pumpkins like crazy but agnes just won't accept them
Message 8 of 15 (6,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Simmingalokay so Agnes finally took my pumpkins there is few possible reasons it worked this time for others that are stuck:

1. I went and accepted another gardening errand from her as well but i also got pumpkin speech for that strangely so maybe i needed to get that before i could continue
2. these pumpkins were orange and small and i didn't use any fertilizer unlike with my other pumpkins which were white/green and i used fertilizers
3. i didnt keep count but it might have been 6th try pumpkins
4. first few pumpkins were grown at winter and idk if that matters but my game just changed to spring
5. i tried making the canning pumpkin thing from the non accepted pumpkins and idk if that did anything but it was before i harvested new ones

Message 9 of 15 (6,781 Views)

★ Novice

I did a little experimenting and finally got Agnes to accept my pumpkin. Here's what I found of your possibilities:

1. I had only one errand with her, which was the "Not so useless?" errand. No go on needing to do another errand first

2. The batch she accepted was orange and small as well. I didn't use fertilizer on them, but I also didn't use fertilizer on the batch before, which she didn't accept.

3. It was my third try pumpkins, not 6th

4. All my pumpkin tries happened during summer

5. I didn't can with any of my failed batches

All of that said, I think it is most likely that you need orange pumpkins to fulfill this errand. Fertilizer, canning, seasons, amount of tries, and other factors mentioned don't seem to be relevant. Cheers!

Message 10 of 15 (6,480 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help