Houseloads deleted?

by csachez515

Original Post

Re: Broken save file after updating game

★ Novice

Yes, it seems to be the exact same issue. They don't seem to have found a solution yet, though

Message 11 of 16 (362 Views)

@Tishidiv

Sometimes there isn't always a solution.

Do you also use Mods which may be causing the problem?

Maybe it's the bug in the thread @JonaO703 linked.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 16 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Tishidiv im having the exact same issue. Commenting to see if anyone has figured out a fix for this
Message 13 of 16 (316 Views)

Champion

@Kasheemaaa    Hi!  Based on what I've seen so far this issue is related to mods.  Are you playing on PC / Mac or console?  If you're playing the game on a PC / Mac and have mods installed, please move your mods folder to the desktop and delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game for testing.  If your households are still gone, it could be that you saved the game in the "broken" state and will need to recover a save from before the problem occurred. Try these steps to recover the save.  Click Load Game and click the Recover Save icon.  Then click on Recover for the save from before the problem occurred.

RecoverSave1.png

RecoverSave2.png

If your households are back in the recovered save, then you'll want to test your mods/CC in the game a little at a time to find the one(s) causing the problem.  Click the spoiler below for steps to test mods/CC.

Spoiler

1. Create a new game for testing so that your current save is left unchanged until you've identified the problem mods/CC.

2. Create some folders on your desktop; perhaps one labeled "Tested Safe Mods-CC", another labeled "Mods-CC Needs Testing" and one more labeled "Broken Mods-CC" so you know which ones to check for updates. This will keep tested mods/CC separated.

3. Exit the game if you haven't already, and divide your mods/CC in half; put one half in the Needs Testing folder and put/keep the other half into the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 / Mods folder.

4. Delete the localthumbcache.package file, located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game with the half you're testing,

5. If the game works with that half, exit the game, move that half to the Safe Mods-CC folder and move the remaining "Needs Testing" mods back to the Mods folder to test (Again, delete that cache file before opening the game.)

6. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half, keeping one half in the "Needs Testing" folder and one half in your Mods folder, and test again (delete the cache file each time after moving mods/CC and before opening the game) and moving mods/CC not causing problems into the Safe folder.

7. Repeat this process until you find all that are broken.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 14 of 16 (301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the late response but I tried all of that but it seems like my game isn’t reading my documents folder. I couldn’t get my sims back even when I went on my old laptop and copied that game folder into my new laptop which is what I did a while back and it worked fine. But now it’s not it just has the fake game I started to see if I could recover one of my saves… the only mod I added back was the mc command center and it won’t pop up in the game. 

Message 15 of 16 (256 Views)

Champion

@Kasheemaaa   Hi!  I think it's possible you are experiencing the issue described in the below post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-fl...

If this is your issue, unfortunately it is likely that your sims from that save are gone. :-(    You should be able to find all the sims you created in your Library though, so you can add them back in.  However, they will not retain any of the progress or inventory gained since the last time they were added or saved to your Library.  If you do attempt recreating your game, I suggest doing so with all mods removed first and then saving that version and also save it somewhere as a backup.  Then maybe add in your mods a bit at a time to see if any of them cause the issue again.  If you add a mod back and your households disappear again, do not save your game at that point.  Exit without saving and get rid of that mod.  Perhaps you could share your experience in the above thread that might help towards finding a solution.  I hope this helps!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 16 of 16 (229 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help