Re: Hello, my CC shows up in mod/cc list but not in CAS

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Hero

@snazzymay 

So, before you run a repair, let's check something else.  We know you're running Windows 64 bit.  But you could still be running the Legacy game version.  Let's make sure that is not it.  The easy way to find out is if you already have any game packs that were released after the change that brought Legacy about. If you have Discover University or any pack released after that then you're on the regular version of the game.  So, what packs do you have installed?

If don't have any of the later packs, then please check your game version.  Just start the game and look in the lower right corner of the Main Menu.  The text is pretty small.  The current Windows game version is either 1.89.214.1020 or 1.89.214.1030.  For a Legacy game version, the last 4 digits will be either 1520 or 1530.  So, what is your game version?  If it is Legacy, then you can change it to the right version of the game through Origin since your computer is 64 bit.

There is another thing you can do too. Reset your user files.  To do that, rename your current The Sims 4 folder to something else or move it to your desktop or somewhere safe outside of the Electronics Arts folder.  Start the game and go through the process to make a sim and put then on a lot.  Then save and quit.  The game will create a new The Sims 4 folder with a new Mods folder.  Copy a couple of the CC items that you haven't been able to see into the Mods folder for the new game.  Restart the game and go to CAS to see if they show up.  If they do, then quit and copy the rest of your CC over to the new Mods folder.  You can also copy your Saves, Tray, ConfigOverride and Screenshots folders.  Start the game and go to CAS to see if your CC is showing up.

If none of that works, then you can try repairing the game.  To do a repair, close the game and look in Origin.  Right below the big orange play button where you start the game are 2 icons.  One looks like a star and the other looks like a gear.  Right click on the one that looks like a gear and a little menu should pop up with the repair option on it.  Just select that and the repair will start.  While the repair is running, it will look like it does when you are downloading a pack.  Just let it run and it will check all the game files.  When it's done, start the game as check if you can see the CC.  

If none of that works, then come back and let us know and we'll go from there.

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 19 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Message 12 of 19 (1,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@snazzymay You appear to be using a very old version of Sims 4. It might be too old to properly run those CC files. Can you update your game thru Origin to the current version 1.89.214.1030?

Message 13 of 19 (1,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@RandomBuzziness So I haven't logged into Origin since about 2019, and it didn't even know what Origin was until yesterday. But I found my account and logged in, and when I went to TS4, it said my EA membership was expired. Except I can still run the old version outside of Origin. So would I have to buy a membership or buy the game again to update it?

Message 14 of 19 (1,310 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@snazzymay 

An EA Play subscription does include The Sims 4 and other games. So it is up to you to decide if you want the subscription or prefer to buy it so it never expires.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 19 (1,297 Views)

@snazzymay

Where did you originally download the game from?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 19 (1,282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I’m not sure. I downloaded the game several years ago, so I don’t remember.

Message 17 of 19 (1,269 Views)

@snazzymay

Did you download it from EA/Origin/Steam or from a 3rd party site for free?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 18 of 19 (1,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the EA app and logged in, and when I went to TS4 it said I had an EA Play membership, even though on Origin it said it was expired. I downloaded the game and checked if my CC's worked, and they did! Thank you all very much for helping, and sorry for the trouble!

Message 19 of 19 (3,327 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help