Re: Hello, my CC shows up in mod/cc list but not in CAS

by dootthatfloot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hello, my CC shows up in mod/cc list but not in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I downloaded some CC's (only hair and clothes cc's) and they show up in the list that shows when you first start the game, but they don't show up in CAS. I've gone to the CAS, and I've filtered so it only shows CC's in every category. Oddly enough though, only one cc shows (boots), and when I looked at it in the Mods file, it looked the same as every other cc in there. I'm fairly sure I I downloaded the CC's correctly, I looked at tutorials and followed what they said exactly. My Resource.cfg file is there, and all of the files are unzipped. I'm pretty sure I'm using the 64-bit, I'm on windows, mods/cc's/script mods are enabled in the menu, and I'm pretty sure I've downloaded maxis match cc's. I don't have any subfolders or anything, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Message 1 of 19 (2,366 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the EA app and logged in, and when I went to TS4 it said I had an EA Play membership, even though on Origin it said it was expired. I downloaded the game and checked if my CC's worked, and they did! Thank you all very much for helping, and sorry for the trouble!

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,328 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
@snazzymay can you send a picture of your mods folder?
Message 2 of 19 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

there you areFile Explorer 6_20_2022 5_28_03 PM (2).png

Message 3 of 19 (2,302 Views)

Hero

@snazzymay 

Looking at your file list, there is one rar file that needs to be uncompressed.  But what is puzzling is that I don't see any file that mentions boots.  I also see two Mods folders under Quick Access.  So that leads me to think that you may have a cloud folder and the game is using that rather than the one on your computer.  I'm no expert on how those work and what you need to do to get the game to see the correct folder so I'm going to ask another helper here who knows more about that to take a look at this thread.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 19 (2,250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey there, the boots file's name is long so it like cuts off (idrk how to describe it). But the other Mods folder is for Stardew Valley, I've got a mods in there and they all work in Stardew valley. I'm not an expert either, but in the cc/mods list it shows at startup has all the cc's I downloaded shown, so I think it sees the folder, but they're just not working in the game for some reason.

Message 5 of 19 (2,222 Views)

Hero

@snazzymay Ok.  Then probably not what I was thinking.

Just because a file shows in the cc list at startup doesn't mean all that much.  That just lists the files that have extensions that the game recognizes.  But it won't necessarily load them if they are broken or the wrong format for the game. TS3 also uses packages files and TS4 won't read them for example.  I doubt all the files you show in the pic are broken or the wrong format though since it's so many and they appear to come from different download sites.  

I know you said you think you're running the 64 bit game version but the other big reason that files won't load usually is that the game is the Legacy edition.  To check that, you need to run a dxdiag and look to see for sure which version of the game you are running.  It'll tell in one of the first couple of lines.  If you see 32 bit Windows listed, then you're running Legacy.  If that is the case, then newer CC may not work with that version and would explain what is happening.

One thing you can try is to delete the localthumbcache file. It's a good thing to do when you add or delete CC from your mods folder.  It contains all the thumbnails you see in CAS and elsewhere in the game.  Deleting it will make the game regenerate all the thumbnails.  It's safe to do and the game will generate a new one the next time you start.  All you'll notice is it takes a second or two to regenerate the thumbnails in CAS, build and live modes.

And if that doesn't work, you can try a repair.

If none of that works, come back and we can go from there.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 19 (2,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Alright thanks, good to know. I did the dxdiag, and it said "Windows 10 Pro 64-bit," so I'm pretty sure it's 64-bit. I also deleted the localthumbcache file, and when I re-launched TS4 I took a look at the CAS and it didn't seem to do anything.

Sorry. I'm not sure what you mean by "try a repair," I'm new to computer stuff(?) like this so I'm not that sure what I'm doing haha. I googled the dxdiag thing and it made sense though.

Message 7 of 19 (2,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@snazzymay I popped the jellymoo_aera_hair_v1.package in my game and it's working fine. Try moving all of your .package files to a Temp folder in a safe place, like your Desktop. Somewhere outside of your Electronic Arts folder. Also take out that CloudCat_Vexed.rar file, so the only thing left is the Resource.cfg. Then delete the localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder (like @CGrant56  said). Then add back only these two CC files:

jellymoo_aera_hair_v1.package
jellymoo_aera_hair_v2.package

Then restart your game and see if those hairstyles are showing up. This will test to see if something else in your Mods folder is causing the problem. Make sure to filter it so you will see Custom Content (like I have it in the pic below). If those hairs are working now, then add back a few more .package files at a time and keep testing in your game. I never add more than maybe 5 CC files at a time and I test them right away, so I know to take them out if they cause any problems. Maybe your game just doesn't like having that .rar file in your Mods folder. You'll definitely want to unpack that one before you use it in your game.

jellymoo hair.JPG

EDIT: P.S. There are 3 files that do not appear to be Maxis Match hairs, ie low poly-count. From looking at the file size (20 MB), they appear to be high poly-count Alpha hairstyles. Use a little caution with Alpha CC like those. Your game will have to render those in Live Mode and having too many high poly-count items on your screen at the same time can cause your game to lag. Unless you have a high-end gaming PC. These are the files I am looking at: 

alpha hair.JPG

Message 8 of 19 (2,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did all the things you said, and the hair didn't show up.

Message 9 of 19 (2,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@snazzymay What is the version number of your Sims game? You can find it down on the lower right side of the Sims 4 main menu. This is how it looks in my game: 

version number2.JPG

Message 11 of 19 (2,140 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help