Original Post

Accepted Solution

[HSY] No option to sit on bed cross-legged

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a bed and try to find the new animation
What happens when the bug occurs? No new animation for sit on bed appear
What do you expect to see? The new animation for sims to sit on the bed with crossed legs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The high school expansion installation

Hi, so I just installed TS4 High School Years and noticed that there is no option for teens to sit on the bed with crossed legs (the new animation that comes with the pack). 

I have removed all CC beds that broke with this expansion but the option still isn’t there for Maxis beds. 

does someone know what to do?

Edit By Crinrict: Filled out form by answers given, added tag

Message 1 of 22 (2,140 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High school years no option to sit on bed

★ Apprentice

Tested with other Maxis beds and no separate option show up. But the solution seem to be to click “sit” higher up on the bed, like right on the pillows. Then the sim at least chose to sit like when they have a pillow fight. It doesn’t seem like a bug anymore thankfully.

View in thread

Message 6 of 22 (2,001 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

--------

Mine do it on their own but I also don't see the option. Not sure how it's supposed to work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (2,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve updated the post, thank you for your response. So you can’t see the animation neither when clicking on a double bed?

Message 3 of 22 (2,117 Views)

Hero
@pallies1 No, there's no option for me but I haven't tried more than one bed yet (it was a premade house though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (2,113 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alright, good to know that it may be the game itself. I will also try other beds as soon as I get back to playing. I’ll update this thread with the result later. 

Message 5 of 22 (2,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tested with other Maxis beds and no separate option show up. But the solution seem to be to click “sit” higher up on the bed, like right on the pillows. Then the sim at least chose to sit like when they have a pillow fight. It doesn’t seem like a bug anymore thankfully.

Message 6 of 22 (2,002 Views)

Hero
@pallies1 Ah I see. I'll move this over to game issue then cause they might have chosen to do it that way so the menu isn't as cluttered.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (1,996 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got this answer from the sims forums and if they wear pants or shorts they will sit crossed legged when you click “sit” higher up on the bed. Tested it out and it totally worked Standard smile

Message 8 of 22 (1,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

This animation on the bed doesn't work for me anyway. The "sit on ground" option works fine.

Message 9 of 22 (1,662 Views)

Hero
@iTuSk What do you mean by doesn't work ?

If you click on the pillow they should kneel on a single bed and sit cross legged on a double bed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (1,645 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help