Re: Groundhog Day - Aftermath Patch 1.91.205 - Read first post before posting

by amandafaery

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I disabled all packs and even with just the base game, the bug still happens. Since you're unable to recreate what's happening, it definitely has to be something in my files. I've done a fresh reinstall though and had deleted all of my old files so I'm so confused.
Message 11 of 31 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which of these Symptoms are you seeing ? 

• Time/Progress resets to when I last save every time I use manage worlds or reopen the game.
  • My Sims aged up, but when going to CAS or reloading they are their old age group again
  • Building something and leaving the game after save and exit reverts to old build
  • Sims lose other progress (relationships/skill progress/…)

On which occasions does the bug happen ?

• Go to CAS
  • Save and reload the game
  • Go to Household Manager

What Platform do you have the bug on ?

• PC

Does the bug also occur if you test a fresh new save with different Sims ?

• Yes

Do you own HSY

• Yes

Does the bug go away if you disable/uninstall HSY ? 

• Yes, it did last time, but I reinstalled it as the new patch claims to have fixed the issue but it started happening again after I did so.

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

• Yes

Which of these Mods are you using

• Adult Mod
  • Custom CAS Parts (clothing, shoes, hats, accessory, ...)
  • Other Custom Content
  • Other Mods (Pandasama childbirth mod)

Where do you usually get your mods from

• Directly from the creator

Addition Info

• I uninstalled HSY and the issue seemed to stop, but after hearing about the new patch I reinstalled it, hoping the issue would be resolved but unfortunately it continued. I will probably just have to remove HSY again but it's such a hassle. Just letting people know that the patch DOES NOT fix it, at least in my case. 

Message 12 of 31 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@tohoshinki Could you possibly share a save file with me where this is occurring? Also, just to clarify, you're definitely on version 1.91.205 of the game, right? Thanks so much! 

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 31 (1,165 Views)

Hero
@amandafaery Hm, Something is preventing your game from saving at all. Not sure if I asked before but do you have another computer you could try ? Just for testing purposes. Doesn't have to be a fast one, just something where you can do a quick test with just base game.

@tohoshinki Thanks for the detailed report. Did you try without any mods as well as requested ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictNo, unfortunately I do not have another computer to try. I just did a fresh reinstall of Origin and The Sims 4 too. I deleted all files related to Origin and The Sims 4 and it's still happening.

Should I provide another Sims 4 folder? I see @SimGuruNick asked @tohoshinki for one and I'm definitely willing to provide one as well if that would help!

Message 15 of 31 (1,053 Views)

Hero
@amandafaery Maybe EA is having more luck with replicating the use then I am so sure, can't hurt.

You don't have any issues with going to the gallery and stuff showing there and saving Sims to the library ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,043 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have no issues with the gallery. Is that a common problem with the groundhog bug as well?

@SimGuruNick I uploaded my Sims 4 folder to the Google Doc. It's completely vanilla and I am on version 1.91.205. I hope this helps!
Message 17 of 31 (1,031 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok so I have NO idea what happened (I literally changed nothing), but I just tested my game again and now all of a sudden it seems to be saving properly?! I'm going to keep testing but I really hope it stays fixed!
Message 18 of 31 (1,015 Views)

Hero
@amandafaery Wow, that sounds great. No the gallery has nothing to do with groundhog but with saving stuff to your doc folder so I wanted to see if it' just something with the saves folder or other folders in documents as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 31 (982 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm very paranoid something will happen again and the bug will come back, but for now my game's working! Thank you for your continuous help and support throughout this. <3
Message 20 of 31 (922 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help