Re: Groundhog Day - Aftermath Patch 1.91.205 - Read first post before posting

by crinrict

Original Post

Groundhog Day - Aftermath Patch 1.91.205 - Read first post before posting

[ Edited ]
Hero

Disclaimer: This thread is not affiliated with EA. It's me as a community member trying to find out what else is going on

Patch 1.91.205 fixes the groundhog day bug for mod users/removed mods that have been caused by Trendi. I'm personally unsure if that's all that was going on.

Because of this, I like to start this thread to collect more info from people that still have the issue.

Since I can't troubleshoot console, it's best if you use this thread if you are on console. [CURRENT ISSUE] Console - Time Reset / Progress Lost

What is the Groundhog Day Bug ?

The bug got it's name from the movie Groundhog Day from 1993. In the movie Bill Murray wakes up every morning to find out that it's the same day as yesterday. So this bug is basically about playing the same day over and over. The time and your progress resets.

There have been reports of several symptoms

• The game doesn't save at all and when reloading, it's just all back to when you last saved.
  • Travelling/Going to CAS resets your progress to the day you started
  • Most progress is saved but some things like Skill/Relationships/... aren't. 
  • Progress is saved but the time reverts.

An older issue that could be related is this: [OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

Rules in this thread

Since my main goal is to get to the bottom of the issue and see if it's all the same or just different causes that all need to be fixed, I need this thread to be to the point and you need to proved the information asked. Posts that don't follow these will be moved out.

• There will be absolutely NO ranting/rudeness in this thread. I'm trying to help. If you don't like that, post somewhere else.
  • Provide all the information asked in this first post.
  • Test your game on a vanilla game (no MCCC vanilla but game vanilla). See second post to find out what that means.
  • Don't say I have the same problem. Give details what you see in your game, even if it is repetitive.
  • Your game must be updated to 1.91.205/1.64

Information to provide

Please c/p the questions below to your post and answer them in a structured manner. Helps a lot. Thanks.

Which of these Symptoms are you seeing ? (multiple answer possible)

• Time/Progress resets to when I last save every time I
  • My Sims aged up, but when going to CAS or reloading they are their old age group again
  • Building something and leaving the game after save and exit reverts to old build
  • Sims lose other progress (relationships/skill progress/…)
  • Werewolves lose all points
  • Save Error 532 when trying to save the game
  • Other:__________________

On which occasions does the bug happen ? (multiple answer possible)

• Travel
  • Go to CAS
  • Save and reload the game
  • Go to Household Manager

What Platform do you have the bug on ? (multiple answer possible)

• PC
  • Mac
  • Xbox
  • Playstation

Does the bug also occur if you test a fresh new save with different Sims ?

• Yes
  • No

Do you own HSY

• Yes
  • Yes, but disabled
  • No

Does the bug go away if you disable/uninstall HSY ? 

• Yes
  • No

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

• Yes
  • Never used any on that save
  • No, I play on console

Which of these Mods are you using (multiple answer possible)

• Adult Mod
  • MCCC
  • Custom CAS Parts (clothing, shoes, hats, accessory, ...)
  • Other Custom Content
  • Other Mods

Where do you usually get your mods from (multiple answer possible)

• Directly from the creator
  • Through a 3rd party site
  • Through Friends
  • Through Influencers

Addition Info

• Anything else that you find important.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 31 (4,846 Views)

Hero

How to test your save on fresh folder to make it vanilla

It is really important to that you remove all mods/cc to see if you have the issue without mods as well. To do so, renaming the user folder is the easiest approach. You won't loose any progress this way cause everything is still there in your old folder.

1. Close the game
  2. Find your user folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  3. Rename that folder to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_OLD
  4. Start the game. A new user folder will be created and everything is back to the way it was when you first played. All your options will be reset and your saves will be gone.
  5. Start a new save and test if the bug occurs
  6. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_OLD\Saves and copy all your save games over to the new folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Make sure to copy and not move.
  7. Test the save you have issues with.

How to revert your old state you had before testing vanilla

1. Close the game
  2. Delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (this will make you loose everything you tested on the vanilla state)
  3. Rename Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_OLD to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  4. Start the game. You should now have everything back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (4,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi! I have 0 mods and cc in my game. I started a fresh save (starts at 8 am) and saved at 12 pm. However, it says I saved at 3 pm? I'm still experiencing this bug!

• The symptoms I see for my game is time/progress resets and losing skills and relationships.
  • This bug only happens when saving. Traveling and exiting CAS do noy revert time.
  • I only have The Sims 4 on PC so that is the only platform this bug occurs on for me.
  • This bug continues to occur even on new saves. Both old and new saves are affected.
  • I do own HSY. I disabled it but the bug still occurred so I reenabled it.
  • I am not using mods or cc in my game.

This bug randomly started happening on August 30th. I don't remember changing anything different or installing any new mods. It's possible that I had and I forgot but otherwise nothing noteworthy happened. The bug just started occurring when I saved.

Message 3 of 31 (4,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amandafaery Could you please answer all the questions in post one in a more structured matter ? It would help.Thanks.

just copy/past the questions and add your answers.

I think I tested your save right and wasn't able to duplicate.

EDIT: Did you ever try the thing I asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unmodded-PC-Time-Reset-Progress-Lost/m-p/1178898... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (4,727 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Sorry about the poor formatting! I'll reorganize my responses.

Also, I had tried the suggestion you suggested on the old forum and disabling HSY did nothing. The bug still occurred.

Traveling and going into CAS does NOT trigger going back in time. Only saving does.
Message 5 of 31 (4,701 Views)

Hero
@amandafaery Did you also monitor what happens in your scratch folder when you travel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (4,692 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict When I travel, my scratch folder files do change their date/time. For example, I created my new save at 3:16 pm. When I travel, it updates to 3:18 pm (current time at the moment).
Message 7 of 31 (4,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amandafaery So the scratch folder updates but not the actual save

Sorry if I asked before but you did also try save as, right ? Do you see a new save file created when you try that (in the file system)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (4,674 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No worries! Yes, I do use "save as" but it doesn't work. Also, yes, a new save file creates but it changes to a random time because of the bug.
Message 9 of 31 (4,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amandafaery the time stamp of the file or the time in the game ?

Would you mind disabling all the packs and just try base game

Here's the line you need to copy for that  (including that - before disable): 

-disablepacks:EP01,EP02,EP03,EP04,EP05,EP06,EP07,EP08,EP09,EP10,EP11,EP12,GP01,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,GP06,GP07,GP08,GP09,GP10,GP11,GP12,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP10,SP11,SP12,SP13,SP14,SP15,SP16,SP17,SP18,SP20,SP21,SP22,SP23,SP24,SP25,SP26,SP28,SP29,SP30,SP31,SP32,SP33,SP34

It doesn't matter, if you don't own one of the packs you disable

I'm going to call it a night as it's getting late here. Shall be back in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (4,659 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help